Toilet retaining bolts

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Toilet retaining bolts

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

How are the bolts that hold the toilet to the floor usually installed? My toilet was coming loose, so I tightened the nuts. Only a few days later it started coming loose again. Is it possible that the bolts are anchored in the floor boards and Im pulling them out little by little? If I am pulling the bolts out, what can I do to prevent further damage and fix this for good?

Participant

No, They are anchored to a flange which should be resting on the floor. When you tighten the bolts, you are either pushing the floor down, or raising the pipe up. Take the toilet up, and put screws through the flange to secure it to the floor, and then reset the bowl.: How are the bolts that hold the toilet to the floor usually installed? My toilet was coming loose, so I tightened the nuts. Only a few days later it started coming loose again. Is it possible that the bolts are anchored in the floor boards and Im pulling them out little by little? If I am pulling the bolts out, what can I do to prevent further damage and fix this for good?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This