BATHROOM SINK LEAK

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives BATHROOM SINK LEAK

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

AFTER REPLACING THE POP-UP AND WASTE UNDER MY BATHROOM SINK, I CANT STOP A LEAK AT THE BOTTOM SIDE OF SINK AND THE RUBBER WASHER, WHICH IS TIGHTEDED BY THE LARGE NUT, MEET. THE WASTE IS METAL AND THE SINK IS CULTURED MARBLE. THE REASON I REPLACED THE WASTE WAS BECAUSE THE OLD ONE CRACKED ALL THE WHY AROUND, WHERE THE OVER FLOW WHOLES WERE. IT DIDNT LEAK BEFORE IT CRACKED.THANKS, STEVE

Participant

: AFTER REPLACING THE POP-UP AND WASTE UNDER MY BATHROOM : SINK, I CANT STOP A LEAK AT THE BOTTOM SIDE OF SINK : AND THE RUBBER WASHER, WHICH IS TIGHTEDED BY THE LARGE : NUT, MEET. THE WASTE IS METAL AND THE SINK IS CULTURED : MARBLE. THE REASON I REPLACED THE WASTE WAS BECAUSE : THE OLD ONE CRACKED ALL THE WHY AROUND, WHERE THE OVER : FLOW WHOLES WERE. IT DIDNT LEAK BEFORE IT CRACKED.: THANKS, STEVE Steve, Did you use plumbers putty under the flange in the sink?? If not, do so. Also smear a heavy coating of pipe dope around the rubber seal. Be sure to check for sharp or jagged edges arount the hole in the sink before installing pop-up. Good Luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This