Septic tank

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Septic tank

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have an old septic tank system (probably 20 + years). I have lived here for 4 years, and I have had it pumped every year because it smelled so bad when I first moved in. The odor problem has been eliminated, and it has worked just fine for all 4 years. I dont have any problems with the water draining into it or it backing up, and I have never had any problems with water standing anywhere in the yard. However, yesterday I noticed quite a bit of yukky looking wetness directly above where the septic tank is located. In fact, it is a circle about the size of the septic tank. My mind is fearing the worst – oh no, having to replace the septic tank system. I dont really have the money and in fact put my house up for sale just last week. Any suggestions? Please help.

Participant

: I have an old septic tank system (probably 20 + years). I have lived here for 4 years, and I have had it pumped every year because it smelled so bad when I first moved in. The odor problem has been eliminated, and it has worked just fine for all 4 years. I dont have any problems with the water draining into it or it backing up, and I have never had any problems with water standing anywhere in the yard. However, yesterday I noticed quite a bit of yukky looking wetness directly above where the septic tank is located. In fact, it is a circle about the size of the septic tank. My mind is fearing the worst – oh no, having to replace the septic tank system. I dont really have the money and in fact put my house up for sale just last week. Any suggestions? Please help.***** Hello,I would suggest that you not only pump out the tank again, but have the system inspected. You need to make sure that the tank has not collasped (steel tanks) and the lines are not clogged.Good LuckBrian Center for Environmental Quality http://wilkes.edu/~eqc

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This