q WATER PRESSURE | MasterPlumbers.com

WATER PRESSURE

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives WATER PRESSURE

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #284468
      Avatar photoJohn H Quinn III

        DOES THE SIZE OF THE PVC PIPE EFFECT THE WATER PRESSURE IN THE HOUSE ? RIGHT NOW I HAVE INSTALLED 1 PVC PIPE, IF I CHANGE TO 3/4 PIPE WOULD THIS INCREASE THE WATER PRESSURE IN THE HOUSE?

      • #302482
        Avatar photoR. MESQUIAS
        Participant

          : Im have an problem I quess. My tank was running water out of a pipe that has a little vale on the side . the water has stop. however i did turn off the water just above the hot water tank. to stop the running. However i did turn it back on no water have come out just yet. and its making noise still. please help me.

        • #304274
          Avatar photoR. MESQUIAS
          Participant

            The pressure when everything is turned off is a constant regardless of the size of the piping. When water begins flowing, resistance will reduce the pressure at the faucet being used. If the opening in the faucet is small enough, then 1 and 3/4 will have the same pressure. If the pipe size is reduced and/or the flow is increased thenthe effective pressure will be less. In 95% of the cases, reducing the size of the pipe will reduce, not increase, the pressure. the other 5 % will not change. : DOES THE SIZE OF THE PVC PIPE EFFECT THE WATER PRESSURE : IN THE HOUSE ? RIGHT NOW I HAVE INSTALLED 1 PVC PIPE, : IF I CHANGE TO 3/4 PIPE WOULD THIS INCREASE THE WATER : PRESSURE IN THE HOUSE?

          • #307682
            Avatar photoR. MESQUIAS
            Participant

              : DOES THE SIZE OF THE PVC PIPE EFFECT THE WATER PRESSURE : IN THE HOUSE ? RIGHT NOW I HAVE INSTALLED 1 PVC PIPE, : IF I CHANGE TO 3/4 PIPE WOULD THIS INCREASE THE WATER : PRESSURE IN THE HOUSE?

          Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

          Pin It on Pinterest

          Share This