lead free solder

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives lead free solder

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

What does lead free solder contain?

Participant

: What does lead free solder contain?M…. cannot contain no more than 0.2% lead.

Participant

Marty:–Tin and Antimony.

Participant

I am trying to do a CSYS chemistry project on lead solder. can you give me any info? Thanks.

Participant

Does solder material which you use for dip-soldering contain any lead? (the metal which you use to dip the ends of wires into)What must adults or children do to get lead poisoning from this type of soldering?

Participant

: Does solder material which you use for dip-soldering contain any lead? (the metal which you use to dip the ends of wires into) it may contain lead see our website for common solder alloys : What must adults or children do to get lead poisoning from this type of soldering? lead poisoning comes from ingesting solder by either directly putting in your mouth or by transfering lead residue from hand to mouth. Most lead poisoning comes from exposure to airborne ethyl lead from old style leaded gasoline or by ingesting lead paint chips. I work with thousands of tons of lead with no problems- it actually is safer than water (more people drown in one year then has ever died of lead poisoning)

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This