Pressure valve

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Pressure valve

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

My problem developed only a few days ago and it concerns the pressure relief valve on top of the water heater. Hot water is being released several times during the day and I have no idea what could be causing this. ( I have a gas water heater) I dont know if the water is getting to hot or if by some chance (?) and for some reason, the tank is filling up with too much water. Appreciate any help that you could send my way!!!

Participant

: My problem developed only a few days ago and it concerns the pressure relief valve on top of the water heater. Hot water is being released several times during the day and I have no idea what could be causing this. ( I have a gas water heater) I dont know if the water is getting to hot or if by some chance (?) and for some reason, the tank is filling up with too much water. Appreciate any help that you could send my way!!! R…three things to check 1…water temp 110-120 degrees max. 2… pressure,well or city? 3… faulty relief valve.

Participant

: My problem developed only a few days ago and it concerns the pressure relief valve on top of the water heater. Hot water is being released several times during the day and I have no idea what could be causing this. ( I have a gas water heater) I dont know if the water is getting to hot or if by some chance (?) and for some reason, the tank is filling up with too much water. Appreciate any help that you could send my way!!!

Participant

Rhonda:–In addition to the causes listed my the other poster, it could be that you will need to install a thermal expansion tank in the cold water line that feeds your water heater. Most Municipalities are in the process of complying with a Federal mandate cocerning protection of the potable water supply. To accomplish this end, back flow prevention devices (BFPD)s are being installed at all water meter locations. This new installation does not allow for thermal expansion of your water when it is heated, and will cause the T&P valve to discharge several times during the day or evening….Bud

Participant

The valves eventually weaken and operate erratically. If it is more than a couple of years old, change it and see if that cures the problem. Very few of them will shutoff properly after they have discharged water a few times.: My problem developed only a few days ago and it concerns the pressure relief valve on top of the water heater. Hot water is being released several times during the day and I have no idea what could be causing this. ( I have a gas water heater) I dont know if the water is getting to hot or if by some chance (?) and for some reason, the tank is filling up with too much water. Appreciate any help that you could send my way!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This