French Drain

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives French Drain

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I am putting a french drain in my basement I bought 4 reforated PVC pipe with 2 holes one on each side. My question to you is the holes suppose to be facing up to the sky or facing the ground. Please respond ASAP. Thank You.

Participant

Joe:— Install the perforated pipe with the holes facing downward in a bed of pea gravel or coarse builders sand (if you use sand, you will need to wrap your perf-pipe with Mirify fabric to keep the small partcles of sand from infiltrating the pipe. Are you going to install a sump and pump to discharge the water collected ?…Bud..

Participant

: Joe:— Install the perforated pipe with the holes facing downward in a bed of pea gravel or coarse builders sand (if you use sand, you will need to wrap your perf-pipe with Mirify fabric to keep the small partcles of sand from infiltrating the pipe. Are you going to install a sump and pump to discharge the water collected ?…Bud..

Participant

: : Joe:— Install the perforated pipe with the holes facing downward in a bed of pea gravel or coarse builders sand (if you use sand, you will need to wrap your perf-pipe with Mirify fabric to keep the small partcles of sand from infiltrating the pipe. Are you going to install a sump and pump to discharge the water collected ?…Bud..Thanks for the info Bud, yes I am going to a sump pump I already have. You see I have been getting different feedback from other sources but I am going to trust in your judgement. I will let you know how I make out and if it works properly. I just wanted to get the right info before finalizing the project.. You have my E-mail address please drop me a line so I can have your address as well. Thanks again Bud.

Participant

: I am putting a french drain in my basement I bought 4 reforated PVC pipe with 2 holes one on each side. My question to you is the holes suppose to be facing up to the sky or facing the ground. Please respond ASAP. Thank You.can anyone offer me advice: my property consista of three levels; the top level is retained by a heavy, railroad tie retaining wall. On the next level is a 34 foot gunite, built-in pool. this level is also retained by a heavy railroad tie retaining wall. below this level is the main house. I have lived here for 17 years. when it rains the water appears to be running off the top area, under the pool and moving the lower retaining wall. there is redwood decking up to the cool deck of the pool and it has moved away about 3-4 . Should I plut in french drains on the upper level; I am not sure who to ask or call and dont have a lot of $ and fear overcharges. suggestions? (i live in California; the soil is clay)

Participant

The holes in the pipe for a french dtain should face downward. Dig your trench for the pie and line in with landscape material. Backfill with gravel and wrap the landscape material around the pipe and gravel. backfill the remainder with soil and youre done.

Participant

I am putting a french drain in my basement I bought 4 reforated PVC pipe with 2 holes one on each side. My question to you is the holes suppose to be facing up to the sky or facing the ground. Please respond ASAP. Thank You.YOU NEED SLOTTED NOT PERFERRATED. THAT IS SEPTIC FIELD LINE PIPE YOU HAVE A SEWAGE DISCHARGE PIPE NOT A FRENCH DRAIN INTAKE PIPE. YOU NEED SLOTTED PIPE, WITH SLITS ALL AROUND THE PIPE. THERE ALSO IS A FILTERING SOCK AVAILABLE THAT WILL PREVENT SOIL SEDIMENT FROM ENTERING THE PIPE.ADRYMAN

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This