Vibration in pipes when hot water in kitchen sink is turned on – an intermittent problem and does not occur when you first turn on the hot water only after it has run for several minutes.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Vibration in pipes when hot water in kitchen sink is turned on – an intermittent problem and does not occur when you first turn on the hot water only after it has run for several minutes.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Recently had leak in nipple on a 5 to 6 year old gas fired water heater. I replaced nipple. I drain tank down some before making repair. Hot water heater is in the attic of 2 story home. I now have an intermittent problem of vibration in piping on downstairs kitchen sink on the hot water side. It is a MOEN washer less single handled sink. No leaks packing and it functions properly. Any idea what the problem is. Do I possibly have air trapped in the line. Will it clear itself or do I need to somehow depressurize the system and bleed off trapped air, OR do I have another problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Participant

Mark:–Go to the water heater and check to see if you fully opened the water supply valve after you worked on it. Sometimes old stop valves will have a washer that vibrates between the stem and seat if not fully opened. This humming or chatter is transmitted by the piping to other areas of the house. Hope that solves your problem…Bud.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This