How high a water tank

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives How high a water tank

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I live in a rural area and receive water from my own well. If I want to put a water tank on a tower to get consistent pressure and have a reserve during power failures, how high a tower.To determine this.. How much is the normal water pressure I should have? What is the conversion from height of water in feet to PSI?

Participant

A column of water 2.307 ft high will give 1 lb/sq.in. Or 1ft = .4335 lb/sq.in If you put your tank up 25 ft you should have around 10.8 lb/sq.in at the tap (Faucet in your talk): I live in a rural area and receive water from my own well. If I want to put a water tank on a tower to get consistent pressure and have a reserve during power failures, how high a tower.: To determine this.. : How much is the normal water pressure I should have? : What is the conversion from height of water in feet to PSI?

Participant

Since a 2-3 column of water gives a pound of pressure, you need about a 100 foot tower to obtain about 44 psig.: I live in a rural area and receive water from my own well. If I want to put a water tank on a tower to get consistent pressure and have a reserve during power failures, how high a tower.: To determine this.. : How much is the normal water pressure I should have? : What is the conversion from height of water in feet to PSI?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This