ELECTRIC HOT WATER HEATER PROBLEM

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives ELECTRIC HOT WATER HEATER PROBLEM

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

We have a 14 year old electric hot water heater. It usually takes a long time for the water to get hot. It is now scalding hot with very little cool water. Is this a thermostat problem? Should we replace the unit?

PJ:

14 years is a ripe old age for a water heater however the cost of a thermostat is less than 10 dollars (for the bottom one). Thats not a whole lot to invest in your old friend, and it may give you many more years of service. Lots of luck….Bud..

: I HAVE AN ELECTRIC HOT WATER HEATER THAT IS 10 YEARS OLD, IS THERE ANY ROUTINE THINGS THAT I SHOULD DO TO IT TO MAINTAIN IT PROPERLY, TO ENSURE THAT IT WILL OPERATE EFFICIENTLY?

11/15/99 GREETINGS BULLETIN BOARD READERS: Please advise if you know anyone who experienced problems with scalding water when using a Reliance Model 501 electric water heater. Thanks, Dave JERSEYDAVE@PRODIGY.NET

I want to install a water softner tank to my home and need to know if the main inflow of water to a Mor-flow glass lined electric hot water hearter is located on the bottom of the tank. Im not able to see where the pipes come in so I assume that the main water line goes directly into the bottom of the tank, can anyone tell me if this is true so I dont have to do any unnessary work?

: I want to install a water softner tank to my : home and need to know if the main inflow of : water to a Mor-flow glass lined electric hot : water hearter is located on the bottom of the : tank. Im not able to see where the pipes come : in so I assume that the main water line goes : directly into the bottom of the tank, can anyone : tell me if this is true so I dont have to do : any unnessary work?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This