turning toilet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives turning toilet

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I recently retiled the bathroom. This meant removing and replacing the toilet. Which I did. New wax ring, new bolts. Smooshed toilet down onto floor, then tightened bolts. Occasionally retightened over the next few weeks. Now…bolts are tightened but toilet will turn on its axis. I need to remove toilet and do this again but i do not want to make whatever mistake I made..again. Thanks for your help. Jerry Foust

Participant

Apparently the flange is not sealed to the riser pipe. tightening the bolts has lifted it and now it can spin on the pipe. If it is plastic, take it off and reglue it.: I recently retiled the bathroom. This meant removing and replacing the toilet. Which I did. New wax ring, new bolts. Smooshed toilet down onto floor, then tightened bolts. Occasionally retightened over the next few weeks. Now…bolts are tightened but toilet will turn on its axis. I need to remove toilet and do this again but i do not want to make whatever mistake I made..again. Thanks for your help. Jerry Foust

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This