Noisy Bathtub/Shower faucet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Noisy Bathtub/Shower faucet

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have a problem with my tub/shower faucet. It is the kind with three separate knobs;hot, cold, and a center knob for the shower head. I have no problem with turning both the hot and cold water on, but when I turn the center knob, a loud squeeling noise is heard. This is truly obnoxious. I replaced the valves one year ago and am not experiencing any leaks. Any ideas????

Participant

The quickest fix would be to replace that diverter stem. Otherwise you have to disassemble it and clean the corrosion off the stem, replace the packing, washer, and backseating washer.: I have a problem with my tub/shower faucet. It is the kind with three separate knobs;hot, cold, and a center knob for the shower head. I have no problem with turning both the hot and cold water on, but when I turn the center knob, a loud squeeling noise is heard. This is truly obnoxious. I replaced the valves one year ago and am not experiencing any leaks. Any ideas????

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This