Rain water tanks – domestic

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Rain water tanks – domestic

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

I saw on television recently a segment on a rain water tank suitable for use in suburban settings which captured rain water from the guttering system and stored it in an unobtrusive plastic tank.The water stored was used for drinking in that story but I just want to water a garden with it.Does anyone have any information?

Participant

Check with a local plumbing supply for polyethelene cisterns. Also you may be able to use a plastic (or concrete) clean septic tank.

Participant

: I saw on television recently a segment on a rain water tank suitable for use in suburban settings which captured rain water from the guttering system and stored it in an unobtrusive plastic tank.: The water stored was used for drinking in that story but I just want to water a garden with it.: Does anyone have any information?

Participant

: I saw on television recently a segment on a rain water tank suitable for use in suburban settings which captured rain water from the guttering system and stored it in an unobtrusive plastic tank.: The water stored was used for drinking in that story but I just want to water a garden with it.: Does anyone have any information?888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888This is VERY very common in Austraila on their ranches. Darn if I can remember the term they use for this but I bet you could do some web searches and find info on it in Australia. I saw it and thought the concept was great for lawn/garden. Many over there think it is THE BEST drinking water.Try keywords: Cistern Australia Rain Water Tank but I cant recall the term they use, sorry.

Participant

: : : I saw on television recently a segment on a rain water tank suitable for use in suburban settings which captured rain water from the guttering system and stored it in an unobtrusive plastic tank.: : The water stored was used for drinking in that story but I just want to water a garden with it.: : Does anyone have any information?: 888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888: This is VERY very common in Austraila on their ranches. Darn if I can remember the term they use for this but I bet you could do some web searches and find info on it in Australia. I saw it and thought the concept was great for lawn/garden. Many over there think it is THE BEST drinking water.: Try keywords: Cistern Australia Rain Water Tank but I cant recall the term they use, sorry.888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888OOOK do I look DUMB or what….I JUST noticed NICEEASY is an Australian based web page. Geez, I think you should get all the info you need on these water collection/storage systems right here. Duh JD. LOLOL

Participant

: : : I saw on television recently a segment on a rain water tank suitable for use in suburban settings which captured rain water from the guttering system and stored it in an unobtrusive plastic tank.: : The water stored was used for drinking in that story but I just want to water a garden with it.: : Does anyone have any information?: 888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888: This is VERY very common in Austraila on their ranches. Darn if I can remember the term they use for this but I bet you could do some web searches and find info on it in Australia. I saw it and thought the concept was great for lawn/garden. Many over there think it is THE BEST drinking water.: Try keywords: Cistern Australia Rain Water Tank but I cant recall the term they use, sorry.http://www.yvw.com.au/conserve/tanks.htm (try this

Participant

: : : : : I saw on television recently a segment on a rain water tank suitable for use in suburban settings which captured rain water from the guttering system and stored it in an unobtrusive plastic tank.: : : The water stored was used for drinking in that story but I just want to water a garden with it.: : : Does anyone have any information?: : 888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888: : This is VERY very common in Austraila on their ranches. Darn if I can remember the term they use for this but I bet you could do some web searches and find info on it in Australia. I saw it and thought the concept was great for lawn/garden. Many over there think it is THE BEST drinking water.: : Try keywords: Cistern Australia Rain Water Tank but I cant recall the term they use, sorry.: http://www.yvw.com.au/conserve/tanks.htm (try this In a lot of areas in Australia we use holding tanks for the storage of water caught off the roof.Plastic or poly as it is known is one material ,aqua plate steel is another but the material I use is concrete.We have been doing this in our family since 1959 so i hope I can answer some questions you put foward.To water a garden a tap hose uses 3 (english)gallons per minuite.

Participant

: : : : : : : I saw on television recently a segment on a rain water tank suitable for use in suburban settings which captured rain water from the guttering system and stored it in an unobtrusive plastic tank.: : : : The water stored was used for drinking in that story but I just want to water a garden with it.: : : : Does anyone have any information?: : : 888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888: : : This is VERY very common in Austraila on their ranches. Darn if I can remember the term they use for this but I bet you could do some web searches and find info on it in Australia. I saw it and thought the concept was great for lawn/garden. Many over there think it is THE BEST drinking water.: : : Try keywords: Cistern Australia Rain Water Tank but I cant recall the term they use, sorry.: : http://www.yvw.com.au/conserve/tanks.htm (try this : In a lot of areas in Australia we use holding tanks for the storage of water caught off the roof.Plastic or poly as it is known is one material ,aqua plate steel is another but the material I use is concrete.We have been doing this in our family since 1959 so i hope I can answer some questions you put foward.To water a garden a tap hose uses 3 (english)gallons per minuite.

Participant

: : : : : : : : : I am recently doing a project on rainwater for domestic use.Do anyone have any idea on cheap storage rainwater tank?

Participant

o.k i am doing a science project on rain water and tap water i came on this sight to find info for rain water and i seem not to find the information. i need it for my science project

Participant

I am looking for a cistern for my basement to replace a well. The cistern I am looking for is a collapsable poly bag. Do you know where I might find one? : : : : : : : : : I saw on television recently a segment on a rain water tank suitable for use in suburban settings which captured rain water from the guttering system and stored it in an unobtrusive plastic tank.: : : : : The water stored was used for drinking in that story but I just want to water a garden with it.: : : : : Does anyone have any information?: : : : 888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888: : : : This is VERY very common in Austraila on their ranches. Darn if I can remember the term they use for this but I bet you could do some web searches and find info on it in Australia. I saw it and thought the concept was great for lawn/garden. Many over there think it is THE BEST drinking water.: : : : Try keywords: Cistern Australia Rain Water Tank but I cant recall the term they use, sorry.: : : http://www.yvw.com.au/conserve/tanks.htm (try this : : In a lot of areas in Australia we use holding tanks for the storage of water caught off the roof.Plastic or poly as it is known is one material ,aqua plate steel is another but the material I use is concrete.We have been doing this in our family since 1959 so i hope I can answer some questions you put foward.To water a garden a tap hose uses 3 (english)gallons per minuite.

Participant

Check this you lucky guy http://gardenwatersaver.com

Participant

Have a look at our Web site- Devan.co.nz over 10,000 of these tanks are sold annually in New Zealand(pop. 3.5million), it is a very common source of storage if you dont live in the city you have to have a tank. Even in the city alot of people have plastic tanks, the rain water is definately better than other sources!

Participant

: : I saw on television recently a segment on a rain water tank suitable for use in suburban settings which captured rain water from the guttering system and stored it in an unobtrusive plastic tank.: : The water stored was used for drinking in that story but I just want to water a garden with it.: : Does anyone have any information?

Participant

: : I saw on television recently a segment on a rain water tank suitable for use in suburban settings which captured rain water from the guttering system and stored it in an unobtrusive plastic tank.: : The water stored was used for drinking in that story but I just want to water a garden with it.: : Does anyone have any information?

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This