Copper Repipe

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Copper Repipe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am think of copper repipe for an older apartment house in the Los Angeles area. Is this a viable option? and what should I do to ensure that it doesnt develope these pinhole leaks I have been reading about? Any other comments would be appreciated. Tom

Currently only copper is allowed by the California Building codes. That may change soon because of the pitting problem with some water districts. The link below has some information on pin holes leaks in the left hand column.

: I am think of copper repipe for an older apartment house in the Los Angeles area. Is this a viable option? and what should I do to ensure that it doesnt develope these pinhole leaks I have been reading about? Any other comments would be appreciated. : TomCopper is fine. However, make sure the plumber reams all joints. In addition, all piping should be sized for a maximum flow velocity of 5 ft per second.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This