toilet drains daily, tank stays full, sewer gas

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives toilet drains daily, tank stays full, sewer gas

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Only one toilet on the second floor of my house in Mesa, Arizona daily empties the bowl/trap while the tank stays full. Of course then the sewer gas enters the house. No visible leaks, no other plumbing problems, no one is using the upstairs toilets, started without visible cause. Have had no solutions yet. Ideas short of an exorcism are welcome.

Participant

I recently bought a 70 year old house and it has amarican radiators. How can I find information to see if my heating system is running properly with the correct water pressure and correct temperature so that my boiler is running efficiently.

Participant

Kenn, It sounds like the classic leaking toilet. If the bowl fills after flush, and then slowly drains away, replacement will be necessary. If however, the bowl never fills, check to see if the fill tube is fitted to the overflow tube in the tank. Perhaps it is not receiving all of the water that is should have.A nice report on toilets that work, can be seen at: http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htmRegards, Terry Love

Participant

The key is whether all the water goes out, or just down to the top of the drain opening. If it is being siphoned out for some reason, then it will sop draining when the water get below the trap opening. If it all drains out, especially if you have a jet hole at the bottom of the bowl, then the liklihood is that a crack has developed between the jet and the drain and the water is leaking out. E-mail me, and I will send my companys phone number and we can discuss it in real time and maybe come up with a solution. : Only one toilet on the second floor of my house in Mesa, Arizona daily empties the bowl/trap while the tank stays full. Of course then the sewer gas enters the house. No visible leaks, no other plumbing problems, no one is using the upstairs toilets, started without visible cause. Have had no solutions yet. Ideas short of an exorcism are welcome.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This