Roots in main, clay to cast iron joint

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Roots in main, clay to cast iron joint

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

The joint in the main sewer at the front of the house (cast pipe to clay pipe) has roots growing into it and the clay pipe has dropped causing the rubber seal to fail. I have dug down to the cast/clay joint and want to replace the joint with a clean out T and new section of main sewer pipe. About a 4 1/2 length of pipe is exposed. Is replacing this joint and installing the clean-out T a difficult procedure, I expect to cut the clay pipe about 3 1/2 down line and install my clean-out and joints at the cast. Is this correct, what should I watch out for, what tools will I need, what materials should I use? Is there a publication of the instructions I need to correctly do this? Please advise. Thank You, The cast is 4 and I think the clay is at least 6.

Participant

The actual installation is quite easy, but cutting off the clay pipe smoothly will be impossible if you cannot rent a clay pipe snap-type cutter.: The joint in the main sewer at the front of the house (cast pipe to clay pipe) has roots growing into it and the clay pipe has dropped causing the rubber seal to fail. I have dug down to the cast/clay joint and want to replace the joint with a clean out T and new section of main sewer pipe. About a 4 1/2 length of pipe is exposed. Is replacing this joint and installing the clean-out T a difficult procedure, I expect to cut the clay pipe about 3 1/2 down line and install my clean-out and joints at the cast. Is this correct, what should I watch out for, what tools will I need, what materials should I use? Is there a publication of the instructions I need to correctly do this? Please advise. Thank You, The cast is 4 and I think the clay is at least 6. :

Participant

if in ill. get in contact with me as the lateral line should be tved and a video tape made so you and your insurance company know how bad the line is…

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This