Toilet Film

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Toilet Film

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have three toilets in a house using well water. Each one develops a film along the inside of the bowl. One takes only 2 to 3 days to develop, another is clean for a week to 10 days before the film appears and needs to be cleaned off. Would appreciate any help as to what this is and how to stop it?

Participant

: I have three toilets in a house using well water. Each one develops a film along the inside of the bowl. One takes only 2 to 3 days to develop, another is clean for a week to 10 days before the film appears and needs to be cleaned off. : Would appreciate any help as to what this is and how to stop it?Describe the film Please.If it is black – probably managanese If it is reddish – probably iron if it is clear – possibly a hardness problem

Participant

: : I have three toilets in a house using well water. Each one develops a film along the inside of the bowl. One takes only 2 to 3 days to develop, another is clean for a week to 10 days before the film appears and needs to be cleaned off. : : Would appreciate any help as to what this is and how to stop it?: Describe the film Please.: If it is black – probably managanese : If it is reddish – probably iron : if it is clear – possibly a hardness problemBrian Film is reddish. I have a filter which traps sediment in my system. Is the iron dissolved in the water and what are the ways to remove it?Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This