bath tub liners

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives bath tub liners

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

I am looking into getting a bath tub liner. Is there anything I should watch out for or is a good idea. I have had experience with the glazing in another home I had and I would never recommend that to anyone.I have done some research and I think I am down to two types–acrylic bath tub liner by REbath and a PCV liner by Porcelite Enterprises. The difference in price is about $150 with the acryic being more. Is there really a difference here, any recommendations? Pro and Cons of both would be appreciated.

They were installed in a large motel in my area, and the biggest con for them is that eventually water got between the liner and the old tub. When that happened, the tub felt like you were sitting or stepping on a balloon.: I am looking into getting a bath tub liner. Is there anything I should watch out for or is a good idea. I have had experience with the glazing in another home I had and I would never recommend that to anyone.: I have done some research and I think I am down to two types–acrylic bath tub liner by REbath and a PCV liner by Porcelite Enterprises. The difference in price is about $150 with the acryic being more. Is there really a difference here, any recommendations? Pro and Cons of both would be appreciated.

:Havent you learned anything from your experience with reglazing? Replace the bathtub! It really amazes me that people will spend a lot of money for coverup products. If you are that cheap, leave your bathtub alone!

: They were installed in a large motel in my area, and the biggest con for them is that eventually water got between the liner and the old tub. When that happened, the tub felt like you were sitting or stepping on a balloon.: : I am looking into getting a bath tub liner. Is there anything I should watch out for or is a good idea. I have had experience with the glazing in another home I had and I would never recommend that to anyone.: : I have done some research and I think I am down to two types–acrylic bath tub liner by REbath and a PCV liner by Porcelite Enterprises. The difference in price is about $150 with the acryic being more. Is there really a difference here, any recommendations? Pro and Cons of both would be appreciated.

I am currently looking into reglazing or a tub line as well. If you have had any experience, please [email protected]

: : They were installed in a large motel in my area, and the biggest con for them is that eventually water got between the liner and the old tub. When that happened, the tub felt like you were sitting or stepping on a balloon.: : : I am looking into getting a bath tub liner. Is there anything I should watch out for or is a good idea. I have had experience with the glazing in another home I had and I would never recommend that to anyone.: : : I have done some research and I think I am down to two types–acrylic bath tub liner by REbath and a PCV liner by Porcelite Enterprises. The difference in price is about $150 with the acryic being more. Is there really a difference here, any recommendations? Pro and Cons of both would be appreciated.

: :Havent you learned anything from your experience with reglazing? Replace the bathtub! It really amazes me that people will spend a lot of money for coverup products. If you are that cheap, leave your bathtub alone!

: : They were installed in a large motel in my area, and the biggest con for them is that eventually water got between the liner and the old tub. When that happened, the tub felt like you were sitting or stepping on a balloon.: : : I am looking into getting a bath tub liner. Is there anything I should watch out for or is a good idea. I have had experience with the glazing in another home I had and I would never recommend that to anyone.: : : I have done some research and I think I am down to two types–acrylic bath tub liner by REbath and a PCV liner by Porcelite Enterprises. The difference in price is about $150 with the acryic being more. Is there really a difference here, any recommendations? Pro and Cons of both would be appreciated.

Vic, we had an acrylic tub liner put in 5 years ago but we are now having the problem mentioned in one of the other messages about water being between the liner and the old tub. Truthfully, we havent figured out how to fix it yet and thats the entire reason I found these messages while looking for a solution. The only other comment I would have is I have found it hard to clean using the products recommended for acrylic. The only ones that seem to work are the more abrasive ones which supposedly harm the acrylic. Who knows? Maybe by using the products that actually clean our tub liner we have caused the problem with the water leaking, but I dont think thats the reason. Another thought is your plumbing situation. For our home the plumber said we would have to do all kinds of expensive plumbing if we replaced the tub so it was not simply a matter of buying and installing a new tub. So for us it was an easy decision to go the tub liner route. Good luck!

WE HAD A NEW LINER & WALL SYSTEM INSTALLED 5 YEARS AGO & ALL WAS GREAT UNTIL CRACKS DEVELOPED. THIS IS A PROBLEM, BUT THE BIGGER PROBLEM IS TRYING TO LOCATE THE MANUFACTURER LATER FOR WARRANTY REPAIRS. WE WERE JUST WONDERING DURING YOUR INVESTIGATIONS IF YOU CAME ACROSS THE MANUFACTURER (LUXURY BATH)?? WE WOULD APRECIATE RESPONSE IF YOU HAVE. THANKS!

The advantages of ReBath: a. A flowable silicone patented by Dow that prevents any leakage between the old tub and new. b. A continuous piece for the wall verses them cutting to piece together the wall. c. The corners are rounded versers to pieces meeting together and a plastic piece to connect them. d. Nice choice of colors. e. Have showrooms that will be in business in years to come so you will know where to find them in the future. f. Fair prices. g. Installed in a day. f.

: The advantages of ReBath: : a. A flowable silicone patented by Dow that : prevents any leakage between the old tub and : new. : b. A continuous piece for the wall verses them : cutting to piece together the wall. : c. The corners are rounded versers to pieces : meeting together and a plastic piece to : connect them. : d. Nice choice of colors. : e. Have showrooms that will be in business in : years to come so you will know where to find : them in the future. : f. Fair prices. : g. Installed in a day. : f.

Universal Bath Systems(800-553-0120)is the oldest manufacturer and installer of tub liners in the world. We are not a franchise organization. Contact us!

: Universal Bath Systems(800-553-0120)is the oldest manufacturer and installer of tub liners in the world. We are not a franchise organization. Contact us!

: They were installed in a large motel in my area, and the biggest con for them is that eventually water got between the liner and the old tub. When that happened, the tub felt like you were sitting or stepping on a balloon.: : I am looking into getting a bath tub liner. Is there anything I should watch out for or is a good idea. I have had experience with the glazing in another home I had and I would never recommend that to anyone.: : I have done some research and I think I am down to two types–acrylic bath tub liner by REbath and a PCV liner by Porcelite Enterprises. The difference in price is about $150 with the acryic being more. Is there really a difference here, any recommendations? Pro and Cons of both would be appreciated.

: Try calling 800-553-0120 to contact Universal Bath Systems – the oldest tub liner manufacturer.

: I am currently looking into reglazing or a tub line as well. If you have had any experience, please advice.: [email protected]: : Thanks :

: : : They were installed in a large motel in my area, and the biggest con for them is that eventually water got between the liner and the old tub. When that happened, the tub felt like you were sitting or stepping on a balloon.: : : : I am looking into getting a bath tub liner. Is there anything I should watch out for or is a good idea. I have had experience with the glazing in another home I had and I would never recommend that to anyone.: : : : I have done some research and I think I am down to two types–acrylic bath tub liner by REbath and a PCV liner by Porcelite Enterprises. The difference in price is about $150 with the acryic being more. Is there really a difference here, any recommendations? Pro and Cons of both would be appreciated.

Try calling 800-553-0120 Universal Bath Systems. They are the oldest manufacturer of tub liners in the world.: : I am currently looking into reglazing or a tub line as well. If you have had any experience, please advice.: : [email protected]: : : : Thanks : :

: : : : : They were installed in a large motel in my area, and the biggest con for them is that eventually water got between the liner and the old tub. When that happened, the tub felt like you were sitting or stepping on a balloon.: : : : : I am looking into getting a bath tub liner. Is there anything I should watch out for or is a good idea. I have had experience with the glazing in another home I had and I would never recommend that to anyone.: : : : : I have done some research and I think I am down to two types–acrylic bath tub liner by REbath and a PCV liner by Porcelite Enterprises. The difference in price is about $150 with the acryic being more. Is there really a difference here, any recommendations? Pro and Cons of both would be appreciated.

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This