water heater thermostat

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing water heater thermostat

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have recently installed a 90L rheem gas hot water system (7 years old) to replace our previous electric heater. I notice that although the water temperature initailly heats to a desirable temperature, when the system is left without use, say overnight, the next morning the water temperature is noticibly lower. When the water is then first used in the morning the burner immediatley kicks in and eventually heats the water back up to the correct temperature. I suspect that there must be something not functioning correctly in regards to the thermostat as it is not keeping the water at the correct temperature but dont know if this can be adjusted or fixed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tony.

Participant

Your right.

Now, get a licensed gas fitter in to look at it. The lives of your loved ones are not worth gambling with. Gas leaks kill.

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bungie:
            Your right.

Now, get a licensed gas fitter in to look at it. The lives of your loved ones are not worth gambling with. Gas leaks kill.

I dont have any problems with the gas and there are no gas leaks, the gas work was carried out by a professional gas fitter, the problem is the thermostat not the gas, it just seems that the burner kicks in a little late i.e it waits for the water temperature to drop a fair bit before starting up. All I want to know is if there is an adjustment I can make to the thermostat so that it doesnt wait for the water to drop in temperature as much as it is at present. I know there is a screw adjustment next to the thermostat dial but I dont know what it does.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This