Reliance Hot Water Heater Leaking

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Reliance Hot Water Heater Leaking

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have a 50 Gal Reliance Electric Hot water heater that just started leaking around the cold water inlet. The water seems to bubble out around the base of the flange, its not leaking from the threads. Is this repairable, or is the tank ruptured?

Sounds like a defective weld. Those flanges are welded onto the tank. It can be a weak point. I would call Reliance to see if they would take care of this even if the tank is out of warranty.: I have a 50 Gal Reliance Electric Hot water heater that : just started leaking around the cold water inlet. The : water seems to bubble out around the base of the flange, its not leaking from the threads. Is this repairable, or is the tank ruptured?

First check the model number. If the second character is a 5 or V, then you have a five year heater. If it is an 8 or 10 then you have an 8 or 10 year warranty. Then, look at the serial number. the first two digits are the month, and the last two are the year. If the heater was made within the time of your warranty as defined above, then remove the heater, take it to Home Depot (they are phasing out the Reliance brand), or Home Base and they will replace it.: I have a 50 Gal Reliance Electric Hot water heater that : just started leaking around the cold water inlet. The : water seems to bubble out around the base of the flange, its not leaking from the threads. Is this repairable, or is the tank ruptured?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This