Cast Iron Baseboard Heat

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Cast Iron Baseboard Heat

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

How do I determine the length of cast iron baseboard heating element needed to replace conventional cast iron radiators in a hot water heating system?

Participant

Assuming the existing radiator has no trouble heating the space, we need to determine the output of the rad at the operating temperature. I have books that list the different old rads that have been made and there outputs. If you tell me some info I may be able to help you. First I need the height. Second I need you to look at the end of the rad. The uprights you see are called columns or tubes. If they are fat uprights they are columns. If they are kinda small and skinny they are tubes. I need to know which you think they are and how many you see when looking at the end. Last I need you to count how many sections of radiator are put together as you go down the length. I will need to look it up but this is the only correct way.

Participant

Tell me the # of bars wide & sections long & the height of the rad if possible the age of the home & i will tell you how many square feet of radiation is in the old rad & how many linear ft of cast iron baseboard you will need. example a rad 4 bars wide X 10 sections long & 26 high =27.5 sq ft which =10.5 linear ft.call me if necessary 416-787-6521 toronto ontario : How do I determine the length of cast iron baseboard heating element needed to replace conventional cast iron radiators in a hot water heating system?

Participant

: Assuming the existing radiator has no trouble heating the space, we need to determine the output of the rad at the operating temperature. I have books that list the different old rads that have been made and there outputs. If you tell me some info I may be able to help you. First I need the height. Second I need you to look at the end of the rad. The uprights you see are called columns or tubes. If they are fat uprights they are columns. If they are kinda small and skinny they are tubes. I need to know which you think they are and how many you see when looking at the end. Last I need you to count how many sections of radiator are put together as you go down the length. I will need to look it up but this is the only correct way.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This