noisy toilet tank

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives noisy toilet tank

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

as the water fills, the tank makes a very loud vibrating noise. When I lift the float, it stops. How can I fix this?

Participant

A new ballcock would solve the problem, I am betting that the noise starts near the end of the fill? Older brass ballcocks are prone to this type of phenomena, the brass ones can even be repaired with new seals. First,try adjusting the valve to the toilet also, so the tank fills more slowly. The permanent repair, really, is a new ballcock.: as the water fills, the tank makes a very loud vibrating noise. When I lift the float, it stops. How can I fix this?

Participant

Diane, Uncle Fester is right the cure is to replace the ballcock. I bet you have a high water pressure as this causes the ball to jump as it is filling. Another way to stop it you can try is to stick a flat ring of plastic to the ball, the ring should be about 1 wider than the ball and sit below the water line. It will act like a paddle and stop the vibration. Or go to plan B and move house.: A new ballcock would solve the problem, I am betting that the noise starts near the end of the fill? Older brass ballcocks are prone to this type of phenomena, the brass ones can even be repaired with new seals. First,try adjusting the valve to the toilet also, so the tank fills more slowly. The permanent repair, really, is a new ballcock.: : as the water fills, the tank makes a very loud vibrating noise. When I lift the float, it stops. How can I fix this?

Participant

: : Diane, : Uncle Fester is right the cure is to replace the ballcock. I bet you have a high water pressure as this causes the ball to jump as it is filling. Another way to stop it you can try is to stick a flat ring of plastic to the ball, the ring should be about 1 wider than the ball and sit below the water line. It will act like a paddle and stop the vibration. Or go to plan B and move house.: : : A new ballcock would solve the problem, I am betting that the noise starts near the end of the fill? Older brass ballcocks are prone to this type of phenomena, the brass ones can even be repaired with new seals. First,try adjusting the valve to the toilet also, so the tank fills more slowly. The permanent repair, really, is a new ballcock.: : : as the water fills, the tank makes a very loud vibrating noise. When I lift the float, it stops. How can I fix this?

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This