gpm to fixture units

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives gpm to fixture units

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

does anyone know how to convert gpm to fixture units?

Participant

I dont think the subject has ever come up, and I am also not sure if there is a correlation. The standard fixture unit is a lavatory, and the gpm is a function of the faucet flow rate, whereas the fixture unit is the drain rate. A bathtub can be rated as1 1/2 or 2 depending on the jurisdiction and a washing machine is usually 2. A water closet is 6 and that has not changed even though the gpf has gone from 6 down to 1.5.: does anyone know how to convert gpm to fixture units?

Participant

HJ hit the nail on the head the subject has never come up. Please explain what you are trying to do , we may be able to help.: I dont think the subject has ever come up, and I am also not sure if there is a correlation. The standard fixture unit is a lavatory, and the gpm is a function of the faucet flow rate, whereas the fixture unit is the drain rate. A bathtub can be rated as1 1/2 or 2 depending on the jurisdiction and a washing machine is usually 2. A water closet is 6 and that has not changed even though the gpf has gone from 6 down to 1.5.: : does anyone know how to convert gpm to fixture units?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This