Washer box installation

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Washer box installation

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Avatar photoKenneth Carroll Pyland

A plumber recently installed a new washer box behind my washing machine. He re-routed the pipes to fit the washer box that he had. It was such a tight fit that the box sits crooked and is not flush with the wall. Will the new sheet rock be difficult to install? It seems that he went to a lot of extra work when he could have just ordered the right box. He sawed through the wall, which now needs to be repaired, and charged over double what he estimated. Part way through the job he remarked that he wished they had had the right box in stock. Should I request that they replace the box with the correct one?

Participant

No amtter which one he installed, the wall would have had to be cut into. The only thing that determines how it fits in the wall is the drain line, and that is either in the right place or easily relocated. After that the water lines are easily rerouted to any new location. It sounds like you just got a bad installation.: A plumber recently installed a new washer box behind : my washing machine. He re-routed the pipes to fit the : washer box that he had. It was such a tight fit that the : box sits crooked and is not flush with the wall. Will the : new sheet rock be difficult to install? It seems : that he went to a lot of extra work when he could have : just ordered the right box. He sawed through the wall, : which now needs to be repaired, and charged over double : what he estimated. Part way through the job he remarked : that he wished they had had the right box in stock. : Should I request that they replace the box with the : correct one?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This