Pipes hammering due to surge from ajoining properties

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Pipes hammering due to surge from ajoining properties

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have bought recently a home unit, which one in a complex of 20. Water is supplied to the complex via one water meter, with each unit having a basic shut-off tap.

Every few minutes of every day and night I get a clunking in the pipes, when I have no taps on at all. My only explanation is that water is surging from within the complex (from other units).

The clunking I am hearing is far more severe than the clunking I can create myself (by shutting taps off fast). There is usually one loud clunk followed by several smaller, subsiding clunks.

Is there anything I can do to prevent water surge coming into my unit’s pipes? Perhaps a special valve at the supply?

This noise is driving me insane, and I would rather avoid cutting holes in the wall.

Thanks.

Participant

If its comming from the mains supply outside your unit, then contact the body corporate, as its their problem to fix

Participant

I have since discovered that everybody in the whole units complex has the same problems, so I will contact the body corporate today.

Has anyone ever heard of water surge entering a property from the street mains?? It could be my only guess…

Participant

WOW, water hammer from the local hydroelectric power station. You are gonna need a bloody big hammer arestor to take up that one

LOL

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This