Venting Hot Water Heaters

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Venting Hot Water Heaters

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

A local fire prevention inspection required me to replace the stove pipe running from two natural gas hot water heaters. Unfortunately, the larger diameter of the new double wall pipe has reduced the rise between the hot water heater and the exterior wall to nearly horizontal for a 42 run (there wasnt much of a rise before). Running the new duct in the does not give me enough draft to properly exaust the fumes/carbon-monoxide. Is there any easy way to increase the draft on the line? Does anyone make a fan which could be utillized to increase the air flow when the heater is firing? I really do not have the option of re-routing the exaust without major demolition to the house.

Participant

If you have a 42 run, you should have enough space for a horizontal draft diverter which should give you at lease 4 of pitch.: A local fire prevention inspection required me to replace the stove pipe running from two natural gas hot water heaters. : Unfortunately, the larger diameter of the new double wall pipe has reduced the rise between the hot water heater and the exterior wall : to nearly horizontal for a 42 run (there wasnt much of a rise before). Running the new duct in the does not give me enough draft to properly : exaust the fumes/carbon-monoxide. Is there any easy way to increase the draft on the line? Does anyone make a fan which could be utillized to : increase the air flow when the heater is firing? I really do not have the option of re-routing the exaust without major demolition to the house.

Participant

What is a horizontal draft diverter, where can I get one, and how hard are they to install?Thanks…: If you have a 42 run, you should have enough space for a horizontal draft diverter which should give you at lease 4 of pitch.: : A local fire prevention inspection required me to replace the stove pipe running from two natural gas hot water heaters. : : Unfortunately, the larger diameter of the new double wall pipe has reduced the rise between the hot water heater and the exterior wall : : to nearly horizontal for a 42 run (there wasnt much of a rise before). Running the new duct in the does not give me enough draft to properly : : exaust the fumes/carbon-monoxide. Is there any easy way to increase the draft on the line? Does anyone make a fan which could be utillized to : : increase the air flow when the heater is firing? I really do not have the option of re-routing the exaust without major demolition to the house.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This