Copper in water/blue spots on chrome fixtures

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Copper in water/blue spots on chrome fixtures

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I have bluish spots all over my chrome fixtures in my showers that dont come off. These spots dont appear anywhere else. I had my water tested and it indicated a presence of copper. I also had a problem with bluish sediment in my hot water line due to an aluminum anode rod in my water heater. I have since replaced the aluminum anode rod with a magnesium anode rod per the water heater manufacturer. I also suspect electrolosis due to the grounding technique used in my home.If I have electrolosis and copper present in my water, would this cause the blueish spots? Also, is it true that this would be more prevalent in the showers where hot water is used. These spots are not on my sink fixtures. Could the presence of the aluminum or magnesium anode rod have contributed to this problem?Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This