PILOT LIGHT ON GAS HOT WATER HEATER

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives PILOT LIGHT ON GAS HOT WATER HEATER

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

The pilot light will not stay lite . With the dial set to pilot and the red button depressed, the pilot will light. The button is held down 1 min. Whe the button is released, the pilot goes out. It should stay on while I switch tohe dial to on. What should I do? Oh yeah, I live way out in the country so having a repairman come out is expensive in itself. Thank you for tour time and help on this.

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

: The pilot light will not stay lite . With the dial set to pilot and the red button depressed, the pilot will light. : The button is held down 1 min. Whe the button is released, the pilot goes out. It should stay on while I switch tohe dial to on. : What should I do? Oh yeah, I live way out in the country so having a repairman come out is expensive in itself. : Thank you for tour time and help on this.Hello C.S. In the uk this problem is common and is almost always due to a faulty thermocouple. These are relatively cheap and usually easy to replace. You should be able to see the tip of a probe sticking into the pilot flame, this is the tip of the thermocouple (it may have a different name in the usa). Follow the manufacturers instructions or seek more advice from the bulletin board. Good luck….john

Participant

What do you call a pilot light that lights while the main burners are off but turns off while the burners are on?

Participant

: The pilot light will not stay lite . With the dial set to pilot and the red button depressed, the pilot will light. : The button is held down 1 min. Whe the button is released, the pilot goes out. It should stay on while I switch tohe dial to on. : What should I do? Oh yeah, I live way out in the country so having a repairman come out is expensive in itself. : Thank you for tour time and help on this.

Participant

: : Who invented the pilot light?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This