Clogged Sink

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Clogged Sink

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have an extremely clogged sink. Water will sit for a couple of hours before it will drain. I cant get the stopper to come up at all. What can I do? Is there a particular product I can use. Ive tried several drain openers, but they give very little results. Do I need an auger, and ifso, how do I use it? Can you give me step-by-step instructions. As you can probably tell, Im completely new at this. Thanks for any help you can give.

Participant

Sounds like this is a bathroom sink. The stopper doesnt come out because there is a rod through the bottom of it. First, to remove the stopper, look under the sink. Where the drain attaches to the sink is a tee with a small diameter rod entering it on the back side (the other end of the rod is attached to more linkage that ends up being the rod you pull up on to stop up the sink). There should be a small nut holding this rod to the tee–loosen this nut, pull the rod out some and it should disengage from the stopper. Pull the stopper out and retighten the nut. Now you can look down into the drain opening with a flashlight for hair and other gunk. If you see anything, remove it. Now you can plunge the sink with a plunger–make sure you cover up the overflow hole on the sink or your plunging will be for naught. Hope this helps ya out.: I have an extremely clogged sink. Water will sit for a couple of hours before it will drain. I cant get the stopper to come up at all. What : can I do? Is there a particular product I can use. Ive tried several drain openers, but they give very little results. Do I need an auger, and ifso, : how do I use it? Can you give me step-by-step instructions. As you can probably tell, Im completely new at this. Thanks for any help you can give.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This