New Water Pipes

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing New Water Pipes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

The building owner where I live is going to replace the water pipes that run in the kitchen and in the bathroom. (These rooms are at opposite ends of the apartment).

We were told that the water would only be off for 2 days. Because one of us has severe medical problems, if it is more than 2 days we will need to stay at a hotel.

There will be contractors (remodeling) as well as plumbers working on the unit as well. Given the combined resources, does this 2 day “no water” time frame sound reasonable or unrealistically optimistic?

Thanks!

Participant

The contractor should restore water service each night. If not, then your landlord has the wrong contractor. If you need any help, feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]

Participant

Thanks for the response. I did not know that contractors should restore water service every night. In the past they had used probably unlicensed freelancers and previous tenants have told me that when one of the pipes was replaced they didn’t have water for weeks. Recently they have started using contractors that actually seem to know what they are doing. Thanks again.

Mara

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This