outdoor faucet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives outdoor faucet

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My outdoor faucet leaks profusely. Im trying to get the old one off and it wont budge. It has a larger brass piece between the spigot and where you would attach a hose. Thats the piece that I cant get off. I can turn it a quarter of an inch one way or the other and thats it. I used WD40 to loosen it all up but no cigar. HELP!

Participant

Judy:—Sounds to me like you have vacuum breaker on your hose bibb. Some have a small allen set screw that locks them to the valve, you may be able to loosen it with the right size allen wrench.. There are other types that are screwed down tight to the hose threads, and then the screw is broken off so that no one can remove the vacuum breaker. In either case, you may wind up drilling the retaining screw out in order to get it off. Lots of luck..Bud…

Participant

using a hacksaw, cut a V with the locking screw at the point of the V. cut through the outer wall of the vacii, breaker, and then use a hammer and punch to knock off the V piece. The unit will then uncrew very easily.: My outdoor faucet leaks profusely. Im trying to get the old one off and it : wont budge. It has a larger brass piece between the spigot and where you would : attach a hose. Thats the piece that I cant get off. I can turn it a quarter of an : inch one way or the other and thats it. I used WD40 to loosen it all up but no cigar. : HELP!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This