Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae and centipede infestation

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae and centipede infestation

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

Has anyone ever heard of bacterial/fungal spores coming out of the dishwasher vent on the front of the dishwasher while it is running? I have little blue specks that cover the kitchen countertops and the kitchen floor after I run the dishwasher and the steam burns my skin. I am suspicious of bacterial/fungal spores because of sewage problems I had when I moved into the apartment.I moved into this apartment in early Feb 98, after having sinus surgery. It seems that the longer I live here the sicker I get. In mid Feb 98, I had Klebsiella pneumonia and in May 98, I had Pseudomonas aeruginosa.When I moved into the apartment, there was a steady dripping leak under the sink in the bathroom and also under the sink in the kitchen. I dont know why they leaked (clogged line?) or how long the apartment sat vacant before I moved into it.The apartment maintenance man repaired the leaks and replaced the saturated wood in the cabinet under both of the sinks.A few days later, I ran the dishwasher for the first time. Water backed-up into the kitchen sink with food (that had not been disposed of since I moved in) and water. The maintenance man was not able to unclog the drain and since it happened on a weekend, the sink remained full of the rancid looking water for two days (until the plumber came and snaked it.)A few days later water started gushing out of the cabinet under the kitchen sink. The dishwasher was not running. In fact, there was no water running in my apartment. The gushing water covered the kitchen floor and went under a portion of the carpet.The plumber came again and fixed the problem and he also replaced the hot water heater.Within a couple weeks, REALLY strange things started happening.I went through three shower massage attachments in one month. Two different Sunbeam models and one Pollenex. I am a single female, so the maintenance man installed each one for me. He had no explanation for why this could be happening. All three times, one of the fittings would split while the water was running through it. One time I noticed something that looked like lint fall out when the fitting split. Also, my skin started burning during my showers and my hands developed a dermatitis that became infected. Could my burning skin be caused from a partially clogged sewer line or a defective valve? My thinking was that if there was a defect or clog in the sewer line, the bacteria/fungal spores could escape back up the line like the sewer gas.The second strange event was that the brand new carpet in my apartment started turning dark brown in certain areas, about a week after all the plumbing problems were corrected. The worst staining was by the front door. The apartment complex cleaned the portion of the carpet that got wet from the water running under it (near the kitchen), but the maintenance men and the plumber were tracking in and out of the apartment, through the wet carpet, before it was cleaned.The third event was that the furnace developed a horrible smell that would come from the overhead vents. Not exactly a smoky smell, but more like an oily dirt smell and it was very thick.Well I finally could take no more and I moved to a hotel for a month. The apartment agreed to shampoo the carpet and check out the furnace. My mother came to town and we stopped by the apartment to check things out. I couldnt get the furnace to turn on and then she noticed that the pilot light was off. The next day we stopped in again and the pilot light was on again. I asked the apartment complex about the pilot light because I had smelled gas outside my kitchen window the week before. They said that they had vacuumed the HVAC system but they denied turning the gas off or back on again. Is there a way for a pilot light to turn itself back on?My final question is about centipedes. Are centipedes attracted to sewage?Any answers or guesses would be GREATLY appreciated!Thanks – Alicia Turner

Participant

You worry and complain too much. Id sure hate to be you landlord.

Participant

: You worry and complain too much. Id sure hate to be you landlord.

Participant

: Has anyone ever heard of bacterial/fungal spores coming out of the dishwasher vent on the front of the dishwasher while it is running? I have little blue specks that cover the kitchen countertops and the kitchen floor after I run the dishwasher and the steam burns my skin. I am suspicious of bacterial/fungal spores because of sewage problems I had when I moved into the apartment. : I moved into this apartment in early Feb 98, after having sinus surgery. It seems that the longer I live here the sicker I get. In mid Feb 98, I had Klebsiella pneumonia and in May 98, I had Pseudomonas aeruginosa.: When I moved into the apartment, there was a steady dripping leak under the sink in the bathroom and also under the sink in the kitchen. I dont know why they leaked (clogged line?) or how long the apartment sat vacant before I moved into it.: The apartment maintenance man repaired the leaks and replaced the saturated wood in the cabinet under both of the sinks.: A few days later, I ran the dishwasher for the first time. Water backed-up into the kitchen sink with food (that had not been disposed of since I moved in) and water. The maintenance man was not able to unclog the drain and since it happened on a weekend, the sink remained full of the rancid looking water for two days (until the plumber came and snaked it.): : A few days later water started gushing out of the cabinet under the kitchen sink. The dishwasher was not running. In fact, there was no water running in my apartment. The gushing water covered the kitchen floor and went under a portion of the carpet.: The plumber came again and fixed the problem and he also replaced the hot water heater.: Within a couple weeks, REALLY strange things started happening.: I went through three shower massage attachments in one month. Two different Sunbeam models and one Pollenex. I am a single female, so the maintenance man installed each one for me. He had no explanation for why this could be happening. All three times, one of the fittings would split while the water was running through it. One time I noticed something that looked like lint fall out when the fitting split. Also, my skin started burning during my showers and my hands developed a dermatitis that became infected. Could my burning skin be caused from a partially clogged sewer line or a defective valve? My thinking was that if there was a defect or clog in the sewer line, the bacteria/fungal spores could escape back up the line like the sewer gas.: The second strange event was that the brand new carpet in my apartment started turning dark brown in certain areas, about a week after all the plumbing problems were corrected. The worst staining was by the front door. The apartment complex cleaned the portion of the carpet that got wet from the water running under it (near the kitchen), but the maintenance men and the plumber were tracking in and out of the apartment, through the wet carpet, before it was cleaned.: The third event was that the furnace developed a horrible smell that would come from the overhead vents. Not exactly a smoky smell, but more like an oily dirt smell and it was very thick.: Well I finally could take no more and I moved to a hotel for a month. : The apartment agreed to shampoo the carpet and check out the furnace. My mother came to town and we stopped by the apartment to check things out. I couldnt get the furnace to turn on and then she noticed that the pilot light was off. The next day we stopped in again and the pilot light was on again. I asked the apartment complex about the pilot light because I had smelled gas outside my kitchen window the week before. They said that they had vacuumed the HVAC system but they denied turning the gas off or back on again. Is there a way for a pilot light to turn itself back on?: My final question is about centipedes. Are centipedes attracted to sewage?: Any answers or guesses would be GREATLY appreciated!: Thanks – Alicia TurnerHello Alicia, Personally, I think Id have moved by now. Your shower attachments could be failing due to the stem (the part theyre fixed to) being mishaped or they are being over tightened or youve just been unlucky. Burning skin/dermatitis is more likely to have been caused by detergents, shampoos etc. In the uk our water companies are almost paranoid about contamination of water supplies I suspect the situation in the usa is similar and so it is highly unlikely that SEWAGE has somehow got in there. Pilots dont usually light themselves. Centipedes are carnivorous and may well be attracted to other bugs feeding on sewage. Your worries about bacterial and fungal infestation are probably best dealt with by people with expertise in those fields. Have you considered that you may have moved into the twilight zone???? Good luck…..John

Participant

Alicia:—Go back through the looking glass as quickly as possible….or click your heels to geather and say three times I gotta get the heck outta here Lots of luck…Bud

Participant

: You worry and complain too much. Id sure hate to be you landlord.Gosh did I forget to mention that I have a whole between my sinus cavity and mouth. The sinus surgery I was trying to recover from when I moved here in Feb 98, was to repair an oro-antral fistula that I had been battling since October 97. During my Feb 98 sinus surgery, the surgeon placed a bone implant in between my sinus and mouth, but because of continued infections, the implant started protruding through the roof of my mouth. Its a gravity thing, the infection was to heavy to hold, so my gum tissue split to make a whole for the infection to drain. IF and when my body is able to eliminate the infection completely, I am faced with several more surgeries to get back to where I was before I moved here.So do I complain too much? I dont think so. I just didnt want to bore everyone with my pitiful story. I dont know what it is like in the UK, but in Colorado Springs, the health department doesnt have the funding to do inspections in individuals houses (or to do testing other than water testing) and private industrial hygienists want a fortune for testing. I just thought someone might read something in my story that they may have heard of before and be able to share it with me.

Participant

The purpose of this board is not for your nonsense messages.

Participant

:Bud,You left out one critical item in your instructions to Alicia. She needs to be wearing ruby slippers when she taps her heels together three time. (Most likely there is a pair of ruby slipper stuck inside her dishwasher!)

Participant

: : Has anyone ever heard of bacterial/fungal spores coming out of the dishwasher vent on the front of the dishwasher while it is running? I have little blue specks that cover the kitchen countertops and the kitchen floor after I run the dishwasher and the steam burns my skin. I am suspicious of bacterial/fungal spores because of sewage problems I had when I moved into the apartment. : : I moved into this apartment in early Feb 98, after having sinus surgery. It seems that the longer I live here the sicker I get. In mid Feb 98, I had Klebsiella pneumonia and in May 98, I had Pseudomonas aeruginosa.: : When I moved into the apartment, there was a steady dripping leak under the sink in the bathroom and also under the sink in the kitchen. I dont know why they leaked (clogged line?) or how long the apartment sat vacant before I moved into it.: : The apartment maintenance man repaired the leaks and replaced the saturated wood in the cabinet under both of the sinks.: : A few days later, I ran the dishwasher for the first time. Water backed-up into the kitchen sink with food (that had not been disposed of since I moved in) and water. The maintenance man was not able to unclog the drain and since it happened on a weekend, the sink remained full of the rancid looking water for two days (until the plumber came and snaked it.): : : : A few days later water started gushing out of the cabinet under the kitchen sink. The dishwasher was not running. In fact, there was no water running in my apartment. The gushing water covered the kitchen floor and went under a portion of the carpet.: : The plumber came again and fixed the problem and he also replaced the hot water heater.: : Within a couple weeks, REALLY strange things started happening.: : I went through three shower massage attachments in one month. Two different Sunbeam models and one Pollenex. I am a single female, so the maintenance man installed each one for me. He had no explanation for why this could be happening. All three times, one of the fittings would split while the water was running through it. One time I noticed something that looked like lint fall out when the fitting split. Also, my skin started burning during my showers and my hands developed a dermatitis that became infected. Could my burning skin be caused from a partially clogged sewer line or a defective valve? My thinking was that if there was a defect or clog in the sewer line, the bacteria/fungal spores could escape back up the line like the sewer gas.: : The second strange event was that the brand new carpet in my apartment started turning dark brown in certain areas, about a week after all the plumbing problems were corrected. The worst staining was by the front door. The apartment complex cleaned the portion of the carpet that got wet from the water running under it (near the kitchen), but the maintenance men and the plumber were tracking in and out of the apartment, through the wet carpet, before it was cleaned.: : The third event was that the furnace developed a horrible smell that would come from the overhead vents. Not exactly a smoky smell, but more like an oily dirt smell and it was very thick.: : Well I finally could take no more and I moved to a hotel for a month. : : The apartment agreed to shampoo the carpet and check out the furnace. My mother came to town and we stopped by the apartment to check things out. I couldnt get the furnace to turn on and then she noticed that the pilot light was off. The next day we stopped in again and the pilot light was on again. I asked the apartment complex about the pilot light because I had smelled gas outside my kitchen window the week before. They said that they had vacuumed the HVAC system but they denied turning the gas off or back on again. Is there a way for a pilot light to turn itself back on?: : My final question is about centipedes. Are centipedes attracted to sewage?: : Any answers or guesses would be GREATLY appreciated!: : Thanks – Alicia Turner: Hello Alicia, Personally, I think Id have moved by now. : Your shower attachments could be failing due to : the stem (the part theyre fixed to) being mishaped or they are being over tightened or youve just been unlucky. : Burning skin/dermatitis is more likely to have been caused by detergents, shampoos etc. : In the uk our water companies are almost paranoid about contamination of water supplies I suspect the situation in the usa is similar and so it is highly unlikely that SEWAGE has somehow got in there. : Pilots dont usually light themselves. : Centipedes are carnivorous and may well be attracted to other bugs feeding on sewage. : Your worries about bacterial and fungal infestation are probably best dealt with by people with expertise in those fields. : Have you considered that you may have moved into the twilight zone???? Good luck…..John

Participant

: : : : Has anyone ever heard of bacterial/fungal spores coming out of the dishwasher vent on the front of the dishwasher while it is running? I have little blue specks that cover the kitchen countertops and the kitchen floor after I run the dishwasher and the steam burns my skin. I am suspicious of bacterial/fungal spores because of sewage problems I had when I moved into the apartment. : : : I moved into this apartment in early Feb 98, after having sinus surgery. It seems that the longer I live here the sicker I get. In mid Feb 98, I had Klebsiella pneumonia and in May 98, I had Pseudomonas aeruginosa.: : : When I moved into the apartment, there was a steady dripping leak under the sink in the bathroom and also under the sink in the kitchen. I dont know why they leaked (clogged line?) or how long the apartment sat vacant before I moved into it.: : : The apartment maintenance man repaired the leaks and replaced the saturated wood in the cabinet under both of the sinks.: : : A few days later, I ran the dishwasher for the first time. Water backed-up into the kitchen sink with food (that had not been disposed of since I moved in) and water. The maintenance man was not able to unclog the drain and since it happened on a weekend, the sink remained full of the rancid looking water for two days (until the plumber came and snaked it.): : : : : : A few days later water started gushing out of the cabinet under the kitchen sink. The dishwasher was not running. In fact, there was no water running in my apartment. The gushing water covered the kitchen floor and went under a portion of the carpet.: : : The plumber came again and fixed the problem and he also replaced the hot water heater.: : : Within a couple weeks, REALLY strange things started happening.: : : I went through three shower massage attachments in one month. Two different Sunbeam models and one Pollenex. I am a single female, so the maintenance man installed each one for me. He had no explanation for why this could be happening. All three times, one of the fittings would split while the water was running through it. One time I noticed something that looked like lint fall out when the fitting split. Also, my skin started burning during my showers and my hands developed a dermatitis that became infected. Could my burning skin be caused from a partially clogged sewer line or a defective valve? My thinking was that if there was a defect or clog in the sewer line, the bacteria/fungal spores could escape back up the line like the sewer gas.: : : The second strange event was that the brand new carpet in my apartment started turning dark brown in certain areas, about a week after all the plumbing problems were corrected. The worst staining was by the front door. The apartment complex cleaned the portion of the carpet that got wet from the water running under it (near the kitchen), but the maintenance men and the plumber were tracking in and out of the apartment, through the wet carpet, before it was cleaned.: : : The third event was that the furnace developed a horrible smell that would come from the overhead vents. Not exactly a smoky smell, but more like an oily dirt smell and it was very thick.: : : Well I finally could take no more and I moved to a hotel for a month. : : : The apartment agreed to shampoo the carpet and check out the furnace. My mother came to town and we stopped by the apartment to check things out. I couldnt get the furnace to turn on and then she noticed that the pilot light was off. The next day we stopped in again and the pilot light was on again. I asked the apartment complex about the pilot light because I had smelled gas outside my kitchen window the week before. They said that they had vacuumed the HVAC system but they denied turning the gas off or back on again. Is there a way for a pilot light to turn itself back on?: : : My final question is about centipedes. Are centipedes attracted to sewage?: : : Any answers or guesses would be GREATLY appreciated!: : : Thanks – Alicia Turner: : Hello Alicia, Personally, I think Id have moved by now. : : Your shower attachments could be failing due to : : the stem (the part theyre fixed to) being mishaped or they are being over tightened or youve just been unlucky. : : Burning skin/dermatitis is more likely to have been caused by detergents, shampoos etc. : : In the uk our water companies are almost paranoid about contamination of water supplies I suspect the situation in the usa is similar and so it is highly unlikely that SEWAGE has somehow got in there. : : Pilots dont usually light themselves. : : Centipedes are carnivorous and may well be attracted to other bugs feeding on sewage. : : Your worries about bacterial and fungal infestation are probably best dealt with by people with expertise in those fields. : : Have you considered that you may have moved into the twilight zone???? Good luck…..John

Participant

: The purpose of this board is not for your nonsense messages.I really need help. I am very depressed and over sensitive. I also get frustrated very quickly. It is destroying my marriage.Please help.

Participant

: : The purpose of this board is not for your nonsense messages.

Participant

hi, i would like to know more about klebsiella as to where it comes from and how you can get it? for i been diagonised with it they found it on my skin and on my shoulders and forearms. they say it is a intestinal organism. is this true?Thanks, Dan Defrancisco

Participant

I dont know how to get on a support system as I was newly diagnosed with Pseufomonas aeruginosa

Participant

: I dont know how to get on a support system as I : was newly diagnosed with Pseufomonas aeruginosa

Participant

husband diagonosed with the above help..what is it , how is it transmitted? he i s in coronary care intensive unit, trac, under heavy medicationHave been told it is a blood disease, though can be stomach virus, transmitted by blood transfusion or dirty needles, told that is HIV connected or possibly like E Colia

Participant

I am a part-time teacher on medication for severe depression…every day of my life I think about quitting my job–knowing that its not the job that is the problem. Our family really needs the extra income right now so quitting is not an option. Can I apply (or even qualify) for disability? I have not slept through the night in over a decade and I am not well. Even driving to school is a huge challenge because I am perpetually tired.

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This