Alternative Plumbing???

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Alternative Plumbing???

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

We have lived in a cabin without running water for 20 some years. Our advancing age has made us decant and we are installing plumbing at last. We have done everything ourselves so far and we would like to run the faucets and handles which control the water temp/volume on the side wall rather than at one end so we can both soak at the same time. Traditional plumbers seem to be agog at this idea. Whats the problem. the tub is a big cast iron one. The hand held shower head will still be above the handles and everything. No body seems to be able to explain why this wont work. Any ideas? Thanks Robni

Participant

: We have lived in a cabin without running water for 20 some years. : Our advancing age has made us decant and we are installing plumbing : at last. We have done everything ourselves so far and : we would like to run the faucets and handles which control : the water temp/volume on the side wall rather than at : one end so we can both soak at the same time. Traditional : plumbers seem to be agog at this idea. Whats the problem. : the tub is a big cast iron one. The hand held shower head : will still be above the handles and everything. No : body seems to be able to explain why this wont work. : Any ideas? : Thanks Robni

Participant

Robin- Forgive the last message. Im just and old plumber, whose time came way before computers, but Im trying to learn, just as you are with your inquiry. Did you see Jerry Mcguire and show me the money ? Of course your request can be accomplished. We can put the shower head in the ceiling if you want ! I am guessing that your side wall is also an outside wall, which is more expensive to install plumbing in than an inside wall. Also most codes prohibit plumbing in outside walls, mainly due to freezing problems. Allow me to be frank here, and I mean no disrespect. You havent had indoor plumbing for 20 years, yet you have a computer and are on the net ! You stated you have done most of the work yourself. That is not only frugal, but commendable as well. Perhaps the plumbers who look at your project dont go any farther due to fear of sticker shock . Your project can be accomplished, but show me the money !

Participant

Robni: .Last I heard Alaska was still a part of the USA, that means that you can hook up your Soakin Tub any way you like as long as you observe the back flow and cross connection code requirements (and it sounds to me you have that under control as well) There is one serious concern about us older folks settin and soakin to long at one time. It can cause your wrinkles to get wrinkles and youll emerge from the tub looking like a crepe paper prune. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder just dont invite your neighbors over til you get un- puckered. Bud Suncoast Plumbing Inc. Sunny Florida

Participant

Robin:You can put the valves in the bedroom if you want to. There is no reason why it would not work, unless there is something unique to your tubs location. I often try to get customers to visualize doing things different than normal if it makes sense for their usage.: We have lived in a cabin without running water for 20 some years. : Our advancing age has made us decant and we are installing plumbing : at last. We have done everything ourselves so far and : we would like to run the faucets and handles which control : the water temp/volume on the side wall rather than at : one end so we can both soak at the same time. Traditional : plumbers seem to be agog at this idea. Whats the problem. : the tub is a big cast iron one. The hand held shower head : will still be above the handles and everything. No : body seems to be able to explain why this wont work. : Any ideas? : Thanks Robni

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This