bathroom remodels

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives bathroom remodels

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

What do you think of faux marble in place of tile for vanity, lavatory, shower, and tub surround? Does it work as well? Does it hold value in resale?Thank you, Pam

Participant

Pam- Personally, I like the stuff and think it looks great. It holds up extremely well. However buy it because you like it, not for resale value. Its not an investment, it wont appreciate and you wont get your bang for the buck when you sell.

Participant

Pam, The cultured marble is a very good product. Resale value is good. Terry Love

Participant

It is relatively inexpensive, but the surface is rather fragile. If it is scoured or otherwise abused, it gets dirty looking very quickly and once the shine is gone, it really never comes back. Showers are particlularly hard to keep from leaking, unless the installers do an exceptional job of caulking them. Most installers glue the panels into place and then put a bead of caulking in the joints. It soon comes loose and then new caulk will not adhere because of the soap, etc, that has built up in the crack and on the surface. From that point on, it becomes a continual battle against leaking with frequent recaulks and each one gets a little less attractive than the previous one. The floors also often come loose and then water gets under it and becomes foul smelling. Each time you step on the floor it pumps this water out along with the odor and becomes a nuisance. : What do you think of faux marble in place of tile for vanity, lavatory, shower, and tub surround? Does it work as well? Does it hold value in resale?: Thank you, : Pam

Participant

: : Pam- Personally, I like the stuff and think it looks great. It holds up extremely well. However buy it because you like it, not for resale value. Its not an investment, it wont appreciate and you wont get your bang for the buck when you sell.

Participant

: : Any one else have anything to say about this stuff? I recently pulled the fiberglass stall in my little shower and this seems like it would be a lot easier to maintain…….but any more information from folks that actually have had it installed? Im dying for more information…. Ive heard bad and Ive heard good..any info, including around how much I ought to be paying for a low-end-budget pattern or standard commercial grade of material, per sq foot, material, only? And in your opinion could a licensed contractor who is other wise versed in everything under the sun install this? : : Pam- Personally, I like the stuff and think it looks great. It holds up extremely well. However buy it because you like it, not for resale value. Its not an investment, it wont appreciate and you wont get your bang for the buck when you sell.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This