Roots In Main Drain

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Roots In Main Drain

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I attempted to unclog the drain pipe connected to the toilet today with a plumbers tape. I inserted about 35 feet when I ran into an obstacle or bend in the pipe I could not get around. When I pulled the tape out there were some tiny root hairs that like like fresh water pond grass attached to it. Thus, I assume I have a root problem. Note this attempt has seemed to temporarily solved the problem. What should I do next? P.S. How can I find the clean out if it is burried?Thanks,John

Participant

If youjust have one bathroom or two back to back, it should be 3 feet outside the residence in a line with the toilet. If you have multiple separated bathrooms, the the cleanout could be anywhere between them depending on where the sewer pipe was located. : I attempted to unclog the drain pipe connected to the toilet today with a plumbers tape. I inserted about 35 feet when I ran into an obstacle or bend in the pipe I could not get around. When I pulled the tape out there were some tiny root hairs that like like fresh water pond grass attached to it. Thus, I assume I have a root problem. Note this attempt has seemed to temporarily solved the problem. What should I do next? P.S. How can I find the clean out if it is burried?: Thanks,: John

Participant

John – If your pipe is cast iron, and especially if the cleanout cap is brass, you might get lucky with a metal detector. You might get even luckier and find buried treasure. You also might not have an outside cleanout. The best bet ? Find a plumbing company with a sewer camera. It will not only find a cleanout if you have one, but will also show you the condition, and type of your sewer line. We charge $129.50 for this, 20 bucks extra if you want a video, and we credit back $65 if you have us make any repaire or install an outside cleanout if none is present. Our local authorities (SC) will not respond if an outside cleanout is not there. Our camera also has an electronic transmitter right behind the camera, so we can go outside and mark the cleanout or root bound area within about 1 foot. Remember that even though you got about 35 feet out, that doesnt consider the depth of the line, or any turns in it.:

Participant

: I attempted to unclog the drain pipe connected to the toilet today with a plumbers tape. I inserted about 10 feet when I ran into an obstacle or bend in the pipe I could not get around. When I pulled the tape out there were some tiny root hairs that like like fresh water pond grass attached to it. Thus, I assume I have a root problem. Note this attempt has seemed to temporarily solved the problem. What should I do next? P.S. How can I find the clean out if it is burried?I also put root and grease destoryer in drain helped very minimal.What should I do next? This problem only effects the one toilet. All other drains etc. work fine. Could I somehow bore that part of the drain out?: Thanks,:Vic

Participant

: : I attempted to unclog the drain pipe connected to the toilet today with a plumbers tape. I inserted about 10 feet when I ran into an obstacle or bend in the pipe I could not get around. When I pulled the tape out there were some tiny root hairs that like like fresh water pond grass attached to it. Thus, I assume I have a root problem. Note this attempt has seemed to temporarily solved the problem. What should I do next? P.S. How can I find the clean out if it is burried?I also put root and grease destoryer in drain helped very minimal.What should I do next? This problem only effects the one toilet. All other drains etc. work fine. Could I somehow bore that part of the drain out?: : Thanks,: :Vic

Participant

: Greetings,I write from Adidam Samrajashram, Naitauba, a remote island in the northern Lau group of the Fijian chain, where we maintain a religious retreat and Spiritual Sanctuary facility.Im looking for a NZ root digester product. Ive located a US vendor who makes an interesting root killer and a foam version.However, we face difficult hazardous materials restriction in shipping from the US. The NZ-FJ ling seems a little more open.Can you recommend a good product? Im particularly interested in the foam product.Thank you Cliff Rediger [email protected] About Us: http://www.adidam.org/ http://library.laughingman.org/ http://Zoo.adidam.org/ http://www.lovebytes.org/ http://peace.adidam.org/Home.htm

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This