David Campbell, hj and DR DAVE

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives David Campbell, hj and DR DAVE

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I read with great interest your responses on pricing,insurance etc. In the uk we have a system of registration for all plumbers working on gas systems. It is enforcible in law and yet it is an extremely poor system because only those who are registered receive regular inspections the are still large numbers of plumbers who operate regularly outside the system and because they can take shortcuts they easily do the same job for less money.As long as this is the case there will always be customers willing to use their services. Those plumbers who are on this register are also required to take expensive training courses EVERY FIVE YEARS or risk being struck from the register. Nice to talk to you……john

It is ever thus. The customer wants the best job at the cheapest price. They will try to get you to come down to the level of the guy with no license, no insurance, no bonding, and no tax liability. but they are also the ones who yell the loudest when that person does a poor or incomplete job and their is no recourse open to them. And then they complain that all tradesmen are crooks, incompetent, or irresponsible. Or all three.My comment to them is This is the price. If you want a cheap job, I have several names I can give you.: I read with great interest your responses on pricing,insurance etc. In the uk we have a system of registration for all plumbers working on gas systems. : It is enforcible in law and yet it is an extremely poor system because only those who are registered receive regular inspections the are still large numbers of plumbers who operate regularly outside the system and because they can take shortcuts they easily do the same job for less money.As long as this is the case there will always be customers willing to use their services. Those plumbers who are on this register are also required to take expensive training courses EVERY FIVE YEARS or risk being struck from the register. Nice to talk to you……john

Im a plumbing and gas contractor in Ontario Canada,the gas industry here is very strict,if you are caught doing any kind of gas work without a licence you are fined $25,000 or 9 months in jail, if you advertize gas on your trucks they will stop you and ask for your licence, they have made gas fitters a apprenticeship now for 5yrs.: I read with great interest your responses on pricing,insurance etc. In the uk we have a system of registration for all plumbers working on gas systems. : It is enforcible in law and yet it is an extremely poor system because only those who are registered receive regular inspections the are still large numbers of plumbers who operate regularly outside the system and because they can take shortcuts they easily do the same job for less money.As long as this is the case there will always be customers willing to use their services. Those plumbers who are on this register are also required to take expensive training courses EVERY FIVE YEARS or risk being struck from the register. Nice to talk to you……john

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This