shower floor repair

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives shower floor repair

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

The area around the drain in the shower is depressed, tile came up. How is it best to repair it.What is the pan that my friend says needs to be replaced?Need to know where to start.

Participant

This is a difficult do-it-yourself job. Take out the tile floor and up the walls at least one tile high. Recommend replacing the subfloor with 3/4 treated wood. Replace drain strainer with PVC 2 shower drain by Plastic Oddities. Cover treated wood and upright studs with 1/2 Durarock. Install vinyl liner (shower pan) and turn up all around four sides at least 4 inches. Then thin-set and install new tiles. If threshold (curb) is going bad, replace it at the same time.

Participant

Our Tile Redi Waterproof Shower Module might just be the right product for fixing your shower floor with Tiles. Our product offering lifetime protection against leaking. Once installed, the module is ready to receive ceramic tile or marble directly onto its surface.: The area around the drain in the shower is depressed, tile came up. How is it best to repair it.: What is the pan that my friend says needs to be replaced?: Need to know where to start.

Participant

: The area around the drain in the shower is depressed, tile came up. How is it best to repair it.: What is the pan that my friend says needs to be replaced?: Need to know where to start.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This