How to connect seperate hot and cold faucets

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing How to connect seperate hot and cold faucets

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I just moved into a home that has seperate hot and cold water faucets in the bathroom sink. I heard that there is a device (like a hose) that can connect the two without having to replace the entire sink.

Participant

Your question is unusual because most sinks before the introduction and wide use of single-handle faucets had a separate valve for the hot and and another for the cold side. (Before that, there was only one handle for cold water; the hot water came from the stove.

Whether a single handle or two separate ones, the cold is connected to a cold line and the hot is connected to a hot water line. They can be connected by metal or plastic tubing. There are flexible hoses covered by metal braid available also; some single-handle faucets come with the flexible connectors in the box.

Participant

Kerry: Is it your intention to make a mixing faucet out of the two seperate taps? If so there is a Mickey Mouse contraption that will accomplish that. It is a wye shaped hose that connects to each tap with a push on adapter of some sort, and will deliver water that can be mixed manually and delivered through the wye hose thingy. Sounds like you want to wash and rinse your hair with this hook up??
            Lotsa Luck…Bud

Participant

Bud,

That is exactly what I am looking for. Any idea what it is called and where I could get it?

quote:

Originally posted by Bud..Suncoast Plumbing:
              Kerry: Is it your intention to make a mixing faucet out of the two seperate taps? If so there is a Mickey Mouse contraption that will accomplish that. It is a wye shaped hose that connects to each tap with a push on adapter of some sort, and will deliver water that can be mixed manually and delivered through the wye hose thingy. Sounds like you want to wash and rinse your hair with this hook up??
              Lotsa Luck…Bud

Participant

Plumbing supply stores sometimes carry them or can order them. I have seen them in the plumbing departments of Sears, Walmart, K-Mart and other large stores of that type. Some bath shops may have them. Try the yellow pages and call around locally. Some web stores may send them to you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This