GE Dishwasher

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing GE Dishwasher

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a problem with a GE Potscrubber…it will not drain, I have replaced the selenoid and that did not solve the problem.

The selenoid is still not activating but I think it may be due to a binding in the pump itself which the selenoid cannot overcome.
        Would this binding/resistance lead anything else to burn out/overload?
        Would replacing the pump be the next logical step?
        Any help would be most appreciated.
        thanks
        Jeff

Participant

Try taking off the top of the pump you should be able to do this with the washer still installed (lots of stainless steel screws). Look at the screens that allow water to flow to the pump if they are clogged up with paper and oily food waste clean them out using water to pour through them. Put back together switch to drain cycle and see if it improves.

Putting containers into your dishwasher that have labels on them is a bad idea. My wife does this all the time.

Participant

Another help, is to disconnect the hose where it connects to the waste under the sink, take a deep breath and blow back it the machine. Its suprising how often this will clear the blockage back into the machine. Then nosey around inside the bottom of the machine to stop the blockage occuring again

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This