Primimg a vertical well water pump

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Primimg a vertical well water pump

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have no experience what-so-ever in dealing with a well and water pumps. I was told by someone that I needed to remove the water pressure guage to fill the pipes with water. Is this true? My source of information wasnt real comfortable with his answer. Should I have a fawcett turned on when I turn the pump on? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Participant

Yes you prime the pump by filling it with water. if you have a single pipe going to the well it sould hav a foot valve on the end that stops the water from flowing back to the well. this allows you to fill the pum and that pipe. you should open a facuet for air to escape when the pump is primming. If you have two pipes going to the well there is a Jet on the end that creates the primming. the proceedur is the same but you may have a problem in the Jet and you will need to pull it

Participant

(A) You need to fill the pump and the piping as much as possible. When you start the pump, try to throttle the discharge from the pump to a small stream: this creates backpressure on the jet assy. You may have to let it run for a while (15 min) to work out the air.(B) If this fails completely, hire a pump expert. The procedure often takes experience if the situation is difficult.(C) If jet assembly is in the well and has failed-invest in a submersible system.good luck

Participant

: Yes you prime the pump by filling it with water. if you have a single pipe going to the well it sould hav a foot valve on the end that stops the water from flowing back to the well. this allows you to fill the pum and that pipe. you should open a facuet for air to escape when the pump is primming. If you have two pipes going to the well there is a Jet on the end that creates the primming. the proceedur is the same but you may have a problem in the Jet and you will need to pull it

Participant

: Yes you prime the pump by filling it with water. if you have a single pipe going to the well it sould hav a foot valve on the end that stops the water from flowing back to the well. this allows you to fill the pum and that pipe. you should open a facuet for air to escape when the pump is primming. If you have two pipes going to the well there is a Jet on the end that creates the primming. the proceedur is the same but you may have a problem in the Jet and you will need to pull it

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This