Fiberglass vs tile for shower stall

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Fiberglass vs tile for shower stall

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

What are the pros and cons of fiberglass vs tile? I need to replace a tile shower which is leaking.

Participant

As a replacement unit, you cannot use the one piece fiberglas units because you cannot get them into the room. The glue on panels are strictly a temporary repair because they will come loose and the joints will leak. A proper tile job is still the best in your situation.: What are the pros and cons of fiberglass vs tile? I need to replace a tile shower which is leaking.

Participant

Properly sealed and grouted with provisions for expansion (there are numerous flexible grouts and sealants on the market)Your tile installation will last a lifetime,look MUCH BETTER and should not leak in the normal course of its lifetime.Just make sure you get a professional fixer who is prepared to guarantee their work!: As a replacement unit, you cannot use the one piece fiberglas units because you cannot get them into the room. The glue on panels are strictly a temporary repair because they will come loose and the joints will leak. A proper tile job is still the best in your situation.: : What are the pros and cons of fiberglass vs tile? I need to replace a tile shower which is leaking.

Participant

Properly sealed and grouted with provisions for expansion (there are numerous flexible grouts and sealants on the market)Your tile installation will last a lifetime,look MUCH BETTER and should not leak in the normal course of its lifetime.Just make sure you get a professional fixer who is prepared to guarantee their work!: As a replacement unit, you cannot use the one piece fiberglas units because you cannot get them into the room. The glue on panels are strictly a temporary repair because they will come loose and the joints will leak. A proper tile job is still the best in your situation.: : What are the pros and cons of fiberglass vs tile? I need to replace a tile shower which is leaking.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This