Damage to Septic Drain Field

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Damage to Septic Drain Field

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I dug a trench which cut through what appears to be one my septic drain field lines. Now there is a hollow opening about 2 inches wide on each side of the trench. The complete area is dry, a bug even crawled out of the hole. I dug around looking for tubing, but I couldnt find any. My questions are: How serious is this? Should I worry about this? And if so, how do I repair it?

Participant

Joe, we cut underground unmarked lines all the time. dry is usually good, real good! Its when sparks, gas or water come a hellin that we worry. Drain fields are usually 4 and surrounded by gravel. the pipe from the septic tank to the drainfield would also be 4, but with no gravel. A 2 line about what you have found, may have been from an old washing machine drain, maybe an electrical chase, or an old irrigation line (from a pond or lake ? } Since the line is dry, and you cant find a pipe or wires by digging back, and everything in the house still works, I wouldnt worry about it too much. I would leave it open or mark it with an upright for a week or so in case something does go array.?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This