SHOWER DIVERTER DOESNT WORK!

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives SHOWER DIVERTER DOESNT WORK!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I recently installed a new shower diverter b/c the original one leaked. The new diverter doesnt shut off water flow to the tub faucet when the shower head is selected. What am i doing wrong???

Participant

Need some more info. What type faucet do you have, single lever, 2 or 3 handle, and the manufacturer ??

Participant

: : Need some more info. What type faucet do you have, single lever, 2 or 3 handle, and the manufacturer ??3 handle system. I have sucessfully replaced the other BR diverted however, on this one which has been replaced twice and verified no washers or stuck in there it still pours into the tub when switched to the shower. Please Help! Does the seat need to be replaced?I am sorry I do not know the manufacturer however, I replaced both the hot and cold water stems in both BRs sucessfully to stop them from leaking utilizing the same parts from home depot.

Participant

Frank- Ah ! The old three handle valve. Now were getting somewhere … Your seat idea is a good one. Shine a flashlight in there or use the tip of your little finger if you can reach the seat. Any corrosion, rough edges or pitting, replace the seat Some people try to dress the seat, use only as a last resort. To otherwise identify the faucet, take the handle and stem to any good plumbing hardware store Take the seat too if it is bad. A few other suggestions : Take off the shower head. If you get good shower flow with it off…….. If you dont, and the seat is good, the obstruction could be in the shower riser, the pipe between the diverter and shower arm. Let me know how you make out.t.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This