Replacing old bathtub

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Replacing old bathtub

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have to replace a bathtub that is surrounded by walls on 3 sides. I am afraid that if I purchase the same size tub, I am not going to be able to get it down in the horizontal position because of the 2 side walls. Any suggestions or should I think about just installing a shower. This is my only full bath and am afraid that if I install a shower instead of a new tub, it will be harder to sell the house later on. I would appreciate some advice. Thanks

Participant

Replacing the tub with a new one is fairly easy, except that you almost have to have done two or three before you are not scared of doing it. I would not suggest doing it yourself, because it requires some precise measurements or else the tub will have to be removed a couple of times to get everything in the right position.: I have to replace a bathtub that is surrounded by walls : on 3 sides. I am afraid that if I purchase the same : size tub, I am not going to be able to get it down in : the horizontal position because of the 2 side walls. : Any suggestions or should I think about just installing : a shower. This is my only full bath and am afraid that : if I install a shower instead of a new tub, it will be : harder to sell the house later on. I would appreciate : some advice. Thanks

Participant

Good advice from hj. In your situation you will be into, at a minimum, carpentry, tile or tub surround} , drain work and possibily ceiling repairs if tub is on 2nd floor. A 2 day project even for an experienced crew. Your instincts are good – if it is the only tub in the house, or in the bath the kids use, dont change to a shower.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This