water pipe in new house.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives water pipe in new house.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Ive visited my newly completed apartment. Running water is available from roof top water tank. However the water pressure is low. Checked with other house owners and found water pressure is strong. What can be the cause of this pressure lost? Some of my pipe fittings are stolen and the points are not covered. Can this also cause the low pressure. Should I cover those stolen points with pipe fittings and then re- check the pressure? Or could there be dirt somewhere along the piping? And what is the method to know whether dirt or some other cause is causing the low pressure. Pls. advise. Thanks.

Participant

: Ive visited my newly completed apartment. Running : water is available from roof top water tank. However : the water pressure is low. Checked with other house : owners and found water pressure is strong. What can : be the cause of this pressure lost? Some of my pipe : fittings are stolen and the points are not covered. : Can this also cause the low pressure. Should I cover : those stolen points with pipe fittings and then re- : check the pressure? Or could there be dirt somewhere : along the piping? And what is the method to know : whether dirt or some other cause is causing the low : pressure. : Pls. advise. : Thanks. Hello Ramesh, you can usually tell blockages because there will be an initial surge of pressure when you first turn on the water. You say that you tried the pressure with other owners, if their tanks are at the same height above floor level as yours is then your pressure ought to be the same. Try checking inside the tank for anything covering the outlet pipe, then follow the pipe and look for obvious damage. If its a blockage inside the pipes youll have to dismantle the whole pipe run until you find it, start at the taps.It may be possible to blow the blockage out with a compressor but I doubt it. Idont know what you mean by points are not covered. GOOD LUCK RAMESH, John

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This