extremely hot water–all of a sudden

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives extremely hot water–all of a sudden

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Yesterday my hot water has become extremely hot right out of the tap. I have not made any adjustments to the tank whatsoever. I am wondering what causes this to occur?

Participant

C.:…If your water heater is set up to run from an ECU unit connected to your air conditioning system, that would explain the sudden increase in temperature. If you do not use a ECU (energy conservation unit), that I would suspect the thermostat. If you have a quick recovery type water heater (two elements), change the lower element. Lots of luck…Bud..

Participant

By now youshould be out of hot water entirely. The lower element burned ot and bypassed the thermostat. Replace that element and check to see if the upper one is still functional.: Yesterday my hot water has become extremely hot right out of the tap. I have not made any adjustments to the tank whatsoever. I am wondering what causes this to occur?

Participant

: By now youshould be out of hot water entirely. The lower element burned ot and bypassed the thermostat. Replace that element and check to see if the upper one is still functional.: : Yesterday my hot water has become extremely hot right out of the tap. I have not made any adjustments to the tank whatsoever. I am wondering what causes this to occur?Its not your elements, its the thermostat, probably the lower one since it gets all the work. If you lose all hot water, reset the limit (red button) on the upper thermostat, and replace the thermostats. use a screwdriver to turn the screw adjustment on the thermostats- you usually hears a click when thry disengage (break). Turn off power, wiring is probably 240.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This