House water pressure

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives House water pressure

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

What is the normal water pressure for a house? Also, how can I measure it? Thanks in advance.

Participant

The ideal pressure is about 75 psi. You can measure it by screwing a gauge to the end of a hose faucet.: What is the normal water pressure for a house? Also, how can I measure it? Thanks in advance.

Participant

: The ideal pressure is about 75 psi. You can measure it by screwing a gauge to the end of a hose faucet.: : What is the normal water pressure for a house? Also, how can I measure it? Thanks in advance. The water pressur depend on your water source. The city water pressure varies depend on your water department. You need to call them to find out.I,ve seen them range from 60-70 psi. When water exeeds 80 psi require some kind of pressure reducing valve. Water pressure for well or pump for private use is lower,normally 30-40psi. To know the water pressure I would buy psi gauge for water and pipe adapters to fit your outside hose bibb. A lot of time water pressure loss is due to sediments.Your water source may be hard, abundance in calcium and magnesium. There for you need water softner.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This