gas water heater temperature

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives gas water heater temperature

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

my gas water heater thats 5 yrs old, is not holdind its temp. any longer. the temp. control knob is now wound to max. to get warmish water.what do i need to fix. this prob. thanks in advance.

Participant

: my gas water heater thats 5 yrs old, is not holding : its temp. any longer. the temp. control knob is now wound to max. to get warmish water.what do i need to fix. this prob. thanks in advance.

Participant

Claude:..The temperature control is obviously the reason for your problem (unless you have a very large hot water leak that remains undetected) The cost of installing a new thermostat on the average US production model domestic water heater will exceed the remaining value of a 5 yr. warranted water heater. The average price for the part will be $ 50-$75 plus the labor to install (depends on area prevailing rates). A new competitve water heater can be purchased for about $150.00. If you can find a used thermostat of known quality, it may then become economic to make the repair. Lots of luck with the solution….Bud.

Participant

: : my gas water heater thats 5 yrs old, is not holding : : its temp. any longer. the temp. control knob is now wound to max. to get warmish water.what do i need to fix. this prob. thanks in advance. Is there any reduction in the flow rate at the hot water draw off points? There are other possible faults i.e. a sticky automatic valve reduces gas flow, general reduction in gas pressure will prevent normal heat input rates, dirt which has passed into the water inlet could reduce the efficiency of the automatic valve, do you suffer from lime scaling in the usa? Have you checked the injector for dirt? Is there sufficient gas pressure available at the heater?

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This