Mobile Home Bathtub replacement

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Mobile Home Bathtub replacement

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I have a mobile home with two bathtubs that need to be replaced, a regular tub and a garden tub. The length of the tubs are equal the width of the bathrooms. Is this a do-it-yourself task? Is there room to manuever a tub (preferably with an attached tub surround) into place. Would like to hear from someone that has been there – done that. Would you recommend acrylic, fibreglass, or americast? Help !

Participant

It is not usually a DIY job, because it requires some experience as to maneuvering the tubs and connecting the drains. You cannot use a tub with a surround because it cannot be maneuvered nor can it be brought into the room. If it is a full 5 feet, then Americast is the best long term material.: I have a mobile home with two bathtubs that need to be replaced, a regular tub and a garden tub. The length of the tubs are equal the width of the bathrooms. Is this a do-it-yourself task? Is there room to manuever a tub (preferably with an attached tub surround) into place. Would like to hear from someone that has been there – done that. Would you recommend acrylic, fibreglass, or americast? Help !

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

Sorry, nothing easy about the task you propose-tubs can be hard to work with but mobile homes compound any plumbing task. Get some quotes from reasonable plumbing contractors. If you dont like the way the tubs look: consider having them refinished. Youll probably save enough to go somewhere nice on vacation.

Participant

: I have a mobile home with two bathtubs that need to be replaced, a regular tub and a garden tub. The length of the tubs are equal the width of the bathrooms. Is this a do-it-yourself task? Is there room to manuever a tub (preferably with an attached tub surround) into place. Would like to hear from someone that has been there – done that. Would you recommend acrylic, fibreglass, or americast? Help !

Participant

: : I have a mobile home with two bathtubs that need to be replaced, a regular tub and a garden tub. The length of the tubs are equal the width of the bathrooms. Is this a do-it-yourself task? Is there room to manuever a tub (preferably with an attached tub surround) into place. Would like to hear from someone that has been there – done that. Would you recommend acrylic, fibreglass, or americast? Help !

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This