Mobile Home Bathtub replacement

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Mobile Home Bathtub replacement

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gene Stanush 19 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

I have a mobile home with two bathtubs that need to be replaced, a regular tub and a garden tub. The length of the tubs are equal the width of the bathrooms. Is this a do-it-yourself task? Is there room to manuever a tub (preferably with an attached tub surround) into place. Would like to hear from someone that has been there – done that. Would you recommend acrylic, fibreglass, or americast? Help !

: I have a mobile home with two bathtubs that need to be replaced, a regular tub and a garden tub. The length of the tubs are equal the width of the bathrooms. Is this a do-it-yourself task? Is there room to manuever a tub (preferably with an attached tub surround) into place. Would like to hear from someone that has been there – done that. Would you recommend acrylic, fibreglass, or americast? Help !

: : I have a mobile home with two bathtubs that need to be replaced, a regular tub and a garden tub. The length of the tubs are equal the width of the bathrooms. Is this a do-it-yourself task? Is there room to manuever a tub (preferably with an attached tub surround) into place. Would like to hear from someone that has been there – done that. Would you recommend acrylic, fibreglass, or americast? Help !

It is not usually a DIY job, because it requires some experience as to maneuvering the tubs and connecting the drains. You cannot use a tub with a surround because it cannot be maneuvered nor can it be brought into the room. If it is a full 5 feet, then Americast is the best long term material.: I have a mobile home with two bathtubs that need to be replaced, a regular tub and a garden tub. The length of the tubs are equal the width of the bathrooms. Is this a do-it-yourself task? Is there room to manuever a tub (preferably with an attached tub surround) into place. Would like to hear from someone that has been there – done that. Would you recommend acrylic, fibreglass, or americast? Help !

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Sorry, nothing easy about the task you propose-tubs can be hard to work with but mobile homes compound any plumbing task. Get some quotes from reasonable plumbing contractors. If you dont like the way the tubs look: consider having them refinished. Youll probably save enough to go somewhere nice on vacation.

The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This