hot water tank

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives hot water tank

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

the gas co. said my baffle has fallen. Tank is in the kitchen (1930s house) so now Im going to have to have this already huge thing in my tiny kitchen sitting up on an 18 platform? Do I have any other options? Detached garage. The heat/air is already in the attic. Thats been enough trouble with water gushing from the ceiling. Does electric tank have to be elevated?

Participant

Hysterical Lady: what a coincidence, I just finished posting a response for the identical problem to a gal named Kim. Could she be any kin to you? Lots of luck….Bud.

Participant

The 18 requirement is to prevent the pilot light from igniting vapors or combustibles stored by the tank. An electric water heater does not have an ignition source so it does not need the riser unless it is mandated by local authorities. You might call some plumbing companies and ask if they have any dicarded gas heaters that you could take the baffle out of. It just slips in from the top inside the chimney opening of the water heater..: the gas co. said my baffle has fallen. Tank is in the kitchen (1930s house) so now Im going to have to have this already huge thing in my tiny kitchen sitting up on an 18 platform? Do I have any other options? Detached garage. The heat/air is already in the attic. Thats been enough trouble with water gushing from the ceiling. Does electric tank have to be elevated?

Participant

But my back yard sure looks nice. I had to mow to get hot enough to appreciate that cold shower. If I dont get this fixed soon Ill be mowing the neighbors yards too. Ill check back with you when Im ready to talk about sewer replacement. Doesnt anything cheap break?

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This